How to rename a GROUP in a Pivot table

spudsnruf

Sep 3, 2009, 12:24:02 PM9/3/09
Hi, trying to rename a GROUP in a Pivot table. eg I have 3 groups which are
for 3 yrs sales, 2007, 2008 and 2009. In the pivot table, they are just named
group 1,2,3. Is it possible to rename them to the date or something or more
useful? Thank you

tpeter

Sep 3, 2009, 1:52:01 PM9/3/09
Hello,

If you have access to the core data table that the Pivot Table is building
from all you have to do is change the header name to what you want and then
refreshe your pivot table. It may drop your field out but you can always put
it back in.

Tim

Shane Devenshire

Sep 5, 2009, 12:21:01 AM9/5/09

Just click on the word Group1 and type a meaningful name on top of it. The
only names that are not legal are ones that match already existing fields.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

william...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2016, 5:45:25 AM3/24/16
Select the group name.
Press F2.
Enter a new group name.

USEFUL LINK:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Group-items-in-a-PivotTable-report-059b7571-55a3-4127-8990-0cf0b9b880f7

aka...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2016, 1:48:39 AM8/22/16
thanks alot

aagarw...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2017, 5:40:05 AM1/28/17
Thanks Shane, your suggestion worked for me.