Runtime licensing for MSCOMM32.OCX

Michael Geier

Jun 26, 2003, 9:29:18 AM6/26/03
Hello,
For serial I/O I want to use MSCOMM32.OCX in my Windows-
Form .NET application.
This Control is licensed, and it works only on my personal
computer with the installed Visual Studio IDE .

Is there a way for my distributed application (on another
computer without Visual Studio)
to gain access over MSCOMM32.OCX ?

Maybe something like the runtime licensing in the MFC,
where I can put the licence key in the constructor of the
wrapped MSCOMM32.OCX

Michael

David Archuleta

Jun 26, 2003, 1:19:41 PM6/26/03
Michael,

As you point out, MSComm32.ocx requires a license key be
installed in order for the control to work. VS registers
the license key for you, but you need to register it
yourself in your deployment strategy. The following can
be pasted as a .reg file and merged into the registry.
You can also use an installer project to register the
key/value information for you.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Licenses\4250E830-6AC2-11cf-8ADB-
00AA00C00905]
@="kjljvjjjoquqmjjjvpqqkqmqykypoqjquoun"

Regards,

David Archuleta