Unable to start program %CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\...

xx

Nov 17, 2005, 11:28:07 AM11/17/05

I am trying to deploy an aplication using VS2005 and ActiveSync 4.0 in a PPC
Acer n30 with Windows Mobile 2003. In that process it appears next message:
"Unable no start program %CSIDL_PROGRAMA_FILES%\.... Unable to load the CLR.
The target device does not have a compatible version of the CLR installed
for the application you are attempting to debug. Verify that your device
supports the apprpriate CLR version and has that CLR installed. Some devices
do not support automatic CLR upgrade". And the application does not work.
However the same application works fine with a Pocket LOOX Fujitsu Siemens
with the same Windows version. Does someone know what can be happening?. I'm
desperate after be looking for some information in Internet for a long time
without success.

Thanks a lot.

JM

Ilya Tumanov [MS]

Nov 17, 2005, 2:05:25 PM11/17/05
That means NETCF V2 failed to install. Most likely it's a bug in n30 OS
image; update from Acer might fix that.

Please see this for details:
http://blogs.msdn.com/netcfteam/archive/2005/10/11/479793.aspx

Best regards,

Ilya

*** Want to find answers instantly? Here's how... ***

1. Go to
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework?hl=en
2. Type your question in the text box near "Search this group" button.
3. Hit "Search this group" button.
4. Read answer(s).

"xx" <x...@xx.com> wrote in message

Mick Morgan

Oct 7, 2009, 5:13:13 AM10/7/09
Hi I had the same issue and my fix a=was as follows:

1. Locate the NETCFv2.ppc.armv4.cab (Usually: C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v2.0\WindowsCE\wce400\armv4)
2. Copy the original NETCFv2.ppc.armv4.cab as NETCFv2.ppc.armv4_original.cab
3. Copy the NETCFv2.WCEv4.armv4.cab as NETCFv2.ppc.armv4.cab
4. Re-deploy your program

Hope this helps...

From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/18_2005_11_0_0_640091/Unable-to-start-program-CSIDL-PROGRAM-FILES--.htm

Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Groups