[ANN] OpenNETCF Telephony Library 1.0 Beta

Neil Cowburn

Oct 19, 2006, 10:38:21 AM10/19/06
We are pleased to announce the beta release of our latest product, the
OpenNETCF Telephony Library. The library is a managed wrapper around TAPI
which enables your applications to interact with the phone stack in your
mobile or embedded device.

We are looking for a small number of participants to beta test the product.
Interested parties should contact sup...@opennetcf.com with the subject
"Telephony Library Beta".

--Neil

--------------------------------
Neil Cowburn
Principal Partner
OpenNETCF Consulting, LLC.

Simon Hart

Oct 19, 2006, 11:45:01 AM10/19/06
I just spent around 3 days rolling my own as I couldn't find a managed
wrapper anywhere!

I'd be interested in testing it though..

Simon.

Hilton

Oct 19, 2006, 12:57:58 PM10/19/06
Neil,

Right now I'm using OpenNETCF to place a call. What are the features of
this new library and how does it add to or compliment the OpenNETCF code?

Thanks,

Hilton

"Neil Cowburn" <ne...@online.opennetcf.com> wrote in message

ONIL@

Oct 19, 2006, 5:30:02 AM10/19/06
Hi Hilton..!

Could you please help me :
I just want to execute a phone access connection using vb.net 2003 and WinCE
5.0.. I've already configured the settings for the conexion but instead of
do a click in the connect button I want to do it by code..

Thanks in advanced..

"Hilton" <nos...@nospam.com> escribió en el mensaje

Neil Cowburn

Oct 20, 2006, 6:29:40 AM10/20/06
Firstly, it's all OpenNETCF code since OpenNETCF is the company, not the
product. Secondly, the Telephony library goes a whole lot deeper into the
phone stack than the Phone library in the Smart Device Framework. With the
Telephony library you can perform such actions as programmatically
configuring call forwarding options, get the cellular signal strength and a
whole lot more. If you want to know more about what it does, a good place to
start would be the TAPI docs on MSDN.

"Hilton" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message
> [...]

Hilton

Oct 24, 2006, 8:00:19 PM10/24/06
Take a look at the OpenNETCF - the code would look something like:

try
{
OpenNETCF.Phone.Phone.MakeCall (phoneNumber,
false, calledParty);
}
catch (MissingMethodException)
{