CRM 4.0 - error when opening reports

crmguru

Jan 2, 2008, 10:22:08 AM1/2/08

After upgrading the crm 4.0 all reports seems to be duplicated, but reports
are working fine.

when enter reporting services I can see 2 folders for the company, one that
doesn't contain any report.

So i deleted it. Reports are running fine in reports server.

After this I get the following error when running the reports in CRM:

An error has occured
try this action again. if the problem continues, check Microsoft Dynamics
CRM community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamics
crm administrator
Finally you can contact CRM support.

ANY IDEAS???

Roger

Jan 2, 2008, 11:24:17 AM1/2/08
Have you run the reports connector for crm4 and did it complete ok?

Roger

"crmguru" <crm...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

crmguru

Jan 2, 2008, 11:40:01 AM1/2/08
Hi Roger,

Yes I have installed the reports connector and everything was working fine.

When I first opened duplicated reports in CRM they were running fine, until
I deleted the empty folder in reports server.

But even now after getting the error in CRM, reports still run fine in
reports server.

Roger

Jan 2, 2008, 1:09:45 PM1/2/08
My simplistic approach would be:

1. Run the report wizard in CRM 4 to create a new report & see if that
executes ok - if so then crm/reporting services must be ok
2 Take an existing rdl report file - make a copy of it & upload this into
CRM as a new report & see if this executes - if so then delete existing
reports from CRM & re-load them.

Note - this is all fine with standard reports but be very careful if you
have lots of customised reports created in CRM 2 that were upgraded. I'd
suggest not deleting these - just get the standard reports working first.
You can also find these in the server install folder for CRM4 and add them
manually from there

Regards

Roger

"crmguru" <crm...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Tyler Peelen [MSFT]

Jan 3, 2008, 6:12:01 PM1/3/08
Deleting an organization folder from the report server is unsupported, but
luckily the damage done should be repairable.

The folder appeared to be empty, but it actually contains a sub-folder "4.0"
which contains all of the reports CRM needs. If you delete the organization
folder, none of reporting functionality inside of CRM will function properly.

You can fix the issue by running the PublishReports.exe tool from the Tools
directory of your install location. Example: C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Dynamics CRM\Tools\PublishReports.exe
The executable takes a single parameter: the unique name (as specified at
setup-time) of your organization.

This tool will recreate any CRM-related items on the report server, so
everything should work as expected after running the tool and perfoming an
iisreset on your CRM server.

--Tyler

---------------

Coco

Jan 3, 2008, 10:49:07 PM1/3/08
I had the same problem after installing 4.0. Had the following event on the
report server:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSCRMReporting
Event Category: None
Event ID: 19969
Date: 12/30/2007
Time: 3:53:25 PM
User: N/A
Computer: QAS-CRM4
Web service request SetParameters to Report Server
http://qas-test-crm4/reportserver failed with SoapException. Error: The
encrypted value for the "UnattendedExecutionAccount\Password" configuration
setting cannot be decrypted. (rsFailedToDecryptConfigInformation)

SOLUTION:

rsconfig -eQASCRM\{account-name}
The {account-name} is the account used to run the reporting service.
ie. rsconfig -eQASCRM\administrator

crmguru

Jan 7, 2008, 7:52:01 AM1/7/08
Thanks Tyler

it worked fine!

But why I still have duplicate reports in CRM and only 1 report of the new
4.0 reports like Activities....

Tyler Peelen [MSFT]

Jan 10, 2008, 5:13:01 PM1/10/08
It's normal to have duplicate sets of reports after upgrade. We did this
because we couldn't guarantee that a user hadn't customized a V3 report, so
we didn't want to automatically overwrite it on upgrade. Instead we leave the
existing V3 version and add the addition V4 version of the report. If you
haven't customized any V3 reports, then you can just delete them all and use
the V4 versions to get parity with a non-upgrade V4 installation.

There are several reports (Activities among them) that are new to V4, so you
won't see duplicate V3/V4 versions after upgrade.

--Tyler

srd

Mar 4, 2008, 10:21:01 AM3/4/08
I cannot tell a difference between the reports. How can I tell which ones
are v3 and v4?
Thanks,
--
Stacy

Snow White

Apr 2, 2008, 1:30:02 AM4/2/08
Hi Tyler

I am getting the same event id on our server. I read your post but not sure
what you mean by rsconfig - can you please detail a little more.

Regards
Snow White

SYWalters

Apr 16, 2008, 7:17:00 PM4/16/08
When the CRM instance is upgraded, all existing reports are added to the new
category "Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Reports". The NEW reports that come
with version 4.0 are added to the new category "Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
Reports".

Within CRM, you can check a single report's version by highlighting the
report, clicking the 'Edit Report' button and taking a look at the categories
it's in.

There are also a couple of new views for the reports. Open up the 'View'
dropdown and select "Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Reports" - you'll see the 3.0
reports only.

dimitrioszacharopoulos

Oct 8, 2008, 11:41:33 AM10/8/08
Hi
I am getting this error. Can anyone help?

Web service request GetDataSourceContents to Report Server http://<server>/reportserver/ReportService2005.asmx failed with SoapException. Error: The item '/<orgname>_MSCRM/4.0/MSCRM_DataSource' cannot be found.

Regards
Dimitrios

Junaid Tahir

Dec 8, 2010, 1:04:24 AM12/8/10
Hi

I am getting this error when trying to run reports from crm 4.0

Error Description:
The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.

Error Details:
The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.

Full Stack:
[WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.]
at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2005.Execution.RSExecutionConnection.GetSecureMethods()
at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2005.Execution.RSExecutionConnection.IsSecureMethod(String methodname)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2005.Execution.RSExecutionConnection.SetConnectionSSLForMethod(String methodname)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2005.Execution.RSExecutionConnection.LoadReport(String Report, String HistoryID)
at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.GetExecutionInfo()
at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.SetParameters(IEnumerable`1 parameters)
at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Reporting.SrsReportViewer.ConfigurePage()

[CrmReportingException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.]
at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Reporting.SrsReportViewer.ConfigurePage()
at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

[HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.]
at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at ASP.inbox_crmreports_rsviewer_reportviewer_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Other Message:

Error Number:
0x80040494

Source File:
Not available

Line Number:
Not available

Reporting service is running on seprate machine and SRS data connector for crm is installed.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards
Junaid Tahir