error while processing organization

Vishal

Apr 1, 2009, 1:18:05 PM4/1/09
Hi, I've been noticing the following error in the event log on my CRM server.
Can anyone shed some light on this error?

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSCRMAsyncService
Event Category: None
Event ID: 17415
Date: 4/1/2009
Time: 3:30:02 PM
User: N/A
Computer: CRMServer
Host CRMServer: error while processing organization
38d362d2-d31d-dd11-9b2e-001a4bdf30a2. Exception:
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period
elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception,
Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException
exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject
stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior,
SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet
bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds,
RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior
cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior
cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method,
DbAsyncResult result)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior
cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior
behavior, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior
behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader()
at Microsoft.Crm.CrmDbConnection.InternalExecuteReader(IDbCommand command)
at Microsoft.Crm.CrmDbConnection.ExecuteReader(IDbCommand command,
Boolean impersonate)
at Microsoft.Crm.CrmDbConnection.ExecuteReader(IDbCommand command)
at
Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.DataAccessBase.ExecuteSqlCommandAndProcessRecords(IDbCommand command, RecordProcessor recordProcessor)
at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.QueueDataAccess.SelectEvents(Int32
numberOfEvents)

Andy

Apr 1, 2009, 2:45:10 PM4/1/09
My guess from reading this part of your error:

Timeout expired. The timeout period
elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not
responding.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException
exception,
Boolean breakConnection)

is that your active directory security isn't configured correctly, and
that windows is trying to find a way to authenticate and authorize the
transaction and every way it tries fails. The time out probably is
caused by the system waiting for the authentication to be done, and
authorization to be given.

If your security is okay, then look at optimizing your SQL Server
installation. SQL Server buffers records in RAM, and if it doesn't
have enough it slows down to a crawl - especially if it starts using
the paging file, or its running on a virtual server. If the timeout
happens on a CRM Webpage, then bump up the timeout period.

Vishal

Apr 1, 2009, 3:43:02 PM4/1/09
Thanks for the reply Andy, I did some research and found a number of entries
with similar outcome. The entry below stems from a workflow execution. I am
just curious to why this is the only organization throwing the error; I have
5 different organizations and the others seem fine. I'll post back if I find
solutions.

Date: 3/28/2009
Time: 3:29:48 PM

at Microsoft.Crm.Workflow.WaitSubscriptionDataAccess.Notify(IDbCommand
selectCommand, WaitNotificationService waitNotificationService)
at Microsoft.Crm.Workflow.WaitSubscriptionDataAccess.Notify(String
hostId, WaitNotificationService waitNotificationService)
at Microsoft.Crm.Workflow.WorkflowHost.OnNotificationTimerEvent(Object
sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)

Andy

Apr 1, 2009, 4:31:11 PM4/1/09
Your response:

The entry below stems from a workflow execution. I am
just curious to why this is the only organization throwing the error;
I have
5 different organizations and the others seem fine. I'll post back if
I find
solutions.

is even more indicative of an active directory/crm user role
permissions configuration problem. Users that belong to the
problematic organization probably don't have permissions set. Are you
sure users that belong to the other organization units aren't trying
to access records for an organization they don't belong to?