Failed to set Reporting Services Web site metabase property UploadReadAheadSize (Error 0x80005000)

Jevgenij Martynenko

Aug 13, 2007, 7:28:17 PM8/13/07
Hi all,

I have uninstalled CRM 3.0 SBE from SBS 2003 Server
(SP1/Premium/R2/ISA2004SP3/SQL2005SP1).
Now, when I try to install it again, I get the error:

Publishing CRM reports failed (Error 0x80005000)

In the setup log I can see the following error messege:
______________________________
| Error| Failed to set Reporting Services Web site metabase property
UploadReadAheadSize.
| Error| System.Exception: Publishing CRM reports failed. --->
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80005000): Unknown error
(0x80005000)
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail)
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind()
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_SchemaClassName()
at
Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.Utility.IIsUtility.VDirAcceptsClientCertificates(String
metabasePath)
at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.RSPublishAction.Do(IDictionary parameters)
at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Action.ExecuteAction(Action action,
IDictionary parameters, Boolean undo)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---, Error, AbortRetryIgnore,
Option1
______________________________
I tried to set the attribute according to the article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908669/ja but this doesn't seem to help.

Looking at the execution stack it seems the setup is not able to connect to
the IIS Directory Services. I have tried to use Metabase Explorer from IIS
Resource Kit and I can successfully connect and add/modify/delete attributes
using it.

If you would have any thought or tip or just a wild guess, please reply.

Regards,
Jevgenij

Jevgenij Martynenko

Aug 14, 2007, 8:03:48 AM8/14/07
In the end I had no options, but to reinstall SQL Server 2005 together with
Reporting Services .
It did the trick.

Jevgenij

"Jevgenij Martynenko" <j...@no-spam.e-idea.lt> wrote in message