Receiving Mail - Error Number: 0x800C012E

Peter Hitch

Jun 7, 2001, 10:53:47 PM6/7/01
I am having problems ever since I installed OE 5.5 on my machine. It is not
the server because I get the same sort of error with two different ISP's and
everything works fine if I use Netscape or Pegasus.

I can send e-mail but when I try to receive I get the following message:

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'Icenet Email', Server:
'mail.icenet.com.au', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error
Number: 0x800C012E

OE is my mail program of choice. I would like to get it working.

Any help??

PDF

Jun 7, 2001, 11:38:38 PM6/7/01
Please post to the group. I do not appreciate email. The answers are for the benefit of others.

Try and uncheck SSL.

Peter

Peter Hitch

Jun 8, 2001, 9:05:44 AM6/8/01
This I had already checked, and SSL is unchecked in the advanced tab settings for both my ISP accounts.

Any other suggestions out there?

Peter Hitch

Jun 9, 2001, 10:02:30 PM6/9/01
I already had tried this and it did not soleve the problem.

Today some good news.  I deleted all the files in windows/application data/identities/{CD etc../Outlook Express.  Then I launched outlook express and it is now fine.  Must have been a corrupted file there?