BizTalk WMI Provider Failed

Dan

Aug 8, 2006, 8:15:32 PM8/8/06
Hi All,

I am trying to install BizTalk2006 on a 2003 Server. I have installed and
configured the pre-req software and am using SQL 2005 as the DB Server. It is
a local installation and I keep getting the following error:

[5:05:18 PM Info] Action 17:05:18:
WMI_Add_MSBTS_Silent.2C6470A2_C120_48FE_942D_957983D4C6FC. Registering
BizTalk WMI provider
[5:05:18 PM Info] Error 5008.Registration of the BizTalk WMI provider
failed. Return code 1.
[5:06:37 PM Info] Showing MessageBox with text: Error 5008.Registration of
the BizTalk WMI provider failed. Return code 1. Return Code: 1

I have searched and tried a number of fixes I found but still having the
problem. Any suggestions as where to go from here would be welcome.

Thanks in Advance

Dan

Aug 9, 2006, 5:41:27 PM8/9/06

Hi All,

Thought I would share what I found about the error

Error 5008.Registration of the BizTalk WMI provider failed. Return code 1.

that I was getting when trying to install BizTalk 2006.

After a lot of searching and testing and logging, I finally found the
following entry.

(Wed Aug 09 11:53:58 2006.8813583) : Microsoft (R) 32-bit MOF Compiler
Version 5.2.3790.1830
(Wed Aug 09 11:53:58 2006.8813583) : Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp.
1997-2001. All rights reserved.
(Wed Aug 09 11:53:58 2006.8813583) : File 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft
BizTalk Server 2006\Bins32\BTSWMISchema.mof' not found!

I verified that the install errored right at this point. I watched and found
that the setup program
for BizTalk does not create this directory but instead copies the
BTSWMISchemaXX.mof and BTSWMISchema.mfl files
to the windows\System32\wbem directory. Good try but the setup program was
trying to find them in the
Bins32 directory.

I created the C:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006\Bins32
directory and copied the BTSWMISchemaXX.mof and
BTSWMISchema.mfl files to this directory. In my instance, I copied the
BTSWMISchema2K.mof file and renamed it
to BTSWMISchema.mof. (Oh, if you get the wrong one you get an error like
Error Number: 0x80041010, Facility: WMI).

After these changes, the application installed just fine. So, I removed
BizTalk to try it as second time. Ah, when
you remove BizTalk, it seems to cause the SQL Configuration Manager to fail
with the error:

Cannot connect to WMI provider. You do not have permission or the server is
unreachable.
Note that you can only manage SQL Server 2005 servers with SQL Server
Configuration Manager.
Invalid class [0x80041010]

So, you may want to run the following command to reinstall the WMI
Configuration for SQL 2005

mofcomp "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\90\Shared\sqlmgmproviderxpsp2up.mof"

Not sure why I had these types of problems, if it is something I missed, I
would like to know.

Thanks

Heidi

Aug 29, 2006, 7:09:02 AM8/29/06
Thanks for updating your question with the answer. I ran into this same
problem and you saved me hours!

/heidi