BizTalk 2006 Dynamics Ax adapter - Access denied when installing

Henrik

Oct 24, 2007, 8:01:03 AM10/24/07
I am trying to install the BizTalk adapter for Ax 4.0 SP1. I have a working
installation of BizTalk Server 2006 on my server and the AOS on a seperate
machine. When I run the install program I select the custom install and
choose to install the .NET Business Connector and the BizTalk adapter. I have
followed the steps found on MSND
(http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa834509.aspx). The installation
works for the .NET Business Connector but fails for the BizTalk adapter.

Checking my Event Log, it seems like i am getting some kind of access
violation. Below are the warnings and errors from the Event Log from the
install session, what seems strange is that the errors referes to my computer
name rather then the user i used to install the adapter. The user that i am
using to install the adapter is a memeber of both SSO Administrators and SSO
Affiliate Administrators.

From the Event log:
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: ENTSSO
Event Category: Enterprise Single Sign-On
Event ID: 11042
Date: 2007-10-24
Time: 13:19:13
User: N/A
Computer: PEUTV01
Access denied. The client user must be a member of one of the following
accounts to perform this function.
SSO Administrators: SSO Administrators
SSO Affiliate Administrators: SSO Affiliate Administrators
Application Administrators: -
Application Users: -
Additional Data: myDomain\myComputername$

SSO AUDIT
Function: ControlApplication
Tracking ID: b11c4652-09c9-437f-b07f-09c00e8ed5df
Client Computer: myComputer.myDomain (wmiprvse.exe:1448)
Client User: myDomain\myComputer$
Application Name: {96B3C7A9-5E49-449C-8160-4C6FD006FAB2}
Error Code: 0x80070005, Access is denied.

The description for Event ID ( 11001 ) in Source ( MsiInstaller ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able
to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Product:
Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0 Application Integration Gateway -- Error 1001. An
exception occured during AdapterInstaller.Install call --> Adapter
registration failed: Access denied --> Access denied ; (NULL); (NULL);
(NULL).

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Microsoft Dynamics AX adapter
) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.
You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see
Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event:
Failed to load resource from configuration database.
(-ApplicationName="BizTalk Application 1"
-Luid="Microsoft.Dynamics.BizTalk.Adapter.Schemas, Version=4.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35")

Failed to remove resource
(-Luid="Microsoft.Dynamics.BizTalk.Adapter.Schemas, Version=4.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35").
The resource could not be found in the application "BizTalk Application 1".
Please verify that you provided the correct application name. If you did not
provide an application name, the default application was assumed.

.

Product: Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0 Application Integration Gateway --
Installation operation failed.

Manish Gambhir

Dec 12, 2007, 3:29:03 AM12/12/07

I am facing the same proble. Can anybody help me.

Thankx in advance

Manish Gambhir

Dec 13, 2007, 2:31:00 AM12/13/07
Hi Henrik,

I have the same problem. Have you been able to rectify this. Please let me
know the solution if yes.

Regards
Manish Gambhir

Dilip

Dec 13, 2007, 4:09:18 AM12/13/07
On Dec 13, 12:31 pm, Manish Gambhir
> > >http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.- Hide quoted text -

Hi Henrik/Manish,

I had used Biztalk Orchestration webservices with AIF sometime back,
when Biztalk adapter was not introduced. If i recall correctly, I
believe there are 2 more groups like Biztalk Application User groups
and Administrator groups, Could you please try adding the client user
to these groups apart from SSO Administrators.

Hope that helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Dilip
http://daxdilip.blogspot.com/

Henrik

Dec 13, 2007, 6:57:02 AM12/13/07
Hi Manish,
We finally found out why the installation failed. We tried to install the
adapter on a 64-bit server. The core of both BizTalk and DynamicsAx
server/client supports 64-bit, but the installation of the Dynamics Ax
adapter for BizTalk fails. After installing BizTalk Server and the adapter on
a 32-bit machine, the installation worked fine.
// Henrik

Manish Gambhir

Dec 14, 2007, 12:13:00 AM12/14/07
Hi Henrik,

Thank you for your reply. I checked my system and found that bot the machine
and operationg system are 32-bit. :-(

Thanks & regards
Manish

Brian

Jan 7, 2008, 12:06:00 PM1/7/08
Did you find out what your problem was from? I am getting the same error
with an installation with MS Servicew Factory and have not been able to
resolve it. I am suspecting that the virus softwre I have might have
something to do with it, but I am on a corporate machine and am limited with
what I can do with regards to the protection software. Let me know if you
have found a resolution.

Thanks
Brian

SenseiC

Apr 29, 2008, 1:17:00 PM4/29/08
Might be something along the lines of this:
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3235136&SiteID=17

The error sure looks similar enough. Try IISRESET?

Alex

Feb 9, 2010, 4:34:01 PM2/9/10
I ran into the problem with BizTalk adapter installation on 64 bit machine
and the remedy was exactly like Dilip explained
There's BizTalk Server Administrators group aside from Administrators group
on the box with BizTalk installed

Thanks!
/Alex