Object 'COM' could not be created

Maria

Jan 2, 2007, 6:21:00 AM1/2/07
Hello
i am getting error message when i try to creat and save new vendor in the
Axapta.
Accounts payable --> Vendors

COM object of class '{36ED6935-F82A-474D-97A9-2FFE354D8D28}' could not be
created. Ensure that the object has been properly registered on computer
'Client00022'.

Object 'COM' could not be created

i am using Axapta 3.0 SP4 with SQL server 2005 Sp1.

best regards,

--
Maria

squa...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2007, 10:02:30 AM1/3/07
The COM component that is being called in code on the computer named
Client00022 is not being found. Since the COM component isn't
necessarily a part of Axapta, you need to find the dll or ocx file that
it is trying to interface with and register it on the computer. If the
code is set to run on the client (not the server, AOS) then this
dll/ocx needs to be deployed to each client machine, if it is
designated as server - you have to connect via 3-tier mode to use the
functionality (assuming the dll/ocx com component is working properly
on the aos). Running as 2-tier would require that dll/ocx to be
registered on the client.

If you find the library dll/ocx, it can be registered by running
regsrv32 <path to dll/ocx file> from the run dialog or command prompt.

Maria

Jan 3, 2007, 10:17:01 AM1/3/07
Thanks for answer but how can i find out that witch dll or ocx files need to
register on the computer. all users are facing same error message.
We are using 2 tier installation with 5 users. we are running axapta
directly from server. have not axapta client on the client machine. We share
the Axapta installation from server.

best regards,

--
Maria

Singh@discussions.microsoft.com Ashish Singh

Jan 4, 2007, 5:43:01 AM1/4/07
Hi Maria,

If you are working with Axapta 3.0 then the answer is AxCom.dll.
This is the dll that is required to be registered and you can find it easily
in my system the path is

C:\Program Files\Navision\Axapta Client\Bin\AxCom.dll

First locate the AxCom.dll and then in your Client Configuration Utility go
to Business Connector tab and then in the Administrative tools group pres
the Register button where you have specify the AxCom.dll path.

If you still face any problem please let me know.

Regards,
Ashish Singh