Dynamics AX 2009 AOS Service

Amer

May 30, 2010, 9:20:01 AM5/30/10
I have a problem related to the service of the AOS, it keeps stoping from
time to time, i checked the event viewer it shows the following errors:
1- The Microsoft Dynamics AX Application Object Server is running on an
operating system that is not supported. The supported operating system is
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1.
2- Object Server 02: The database reported (session 1 (-AOS-)):
[Microsoft][SQL Native Client]Communication link failure. The SQL statement
was: "SELECT
A.ENABLEBATCH,A.SERVERID,A.MAXSESSIONS,A.TIMEALIVE,A.LOADBALANCINGENABLED,A.CLUSTERREFRECID,A.SERVERGUID,A.RECVERSION,A.RECID
FROM SYSSERVERCONFIG A WHERE (SERVERID=?)"
3- Object Server 02: Dialog issued for client-less session 1: Cannot select
a record in @SYS103513 (SysServerConfig). @SYS115443: , @sys2048.
Error accessing database connection.
I am running dynamics ax 2009 on two servers (application and database),
Application server:
- Windows server 2008.
- Dynamics AX 2009 with SP1 AOS
Database server:
- Windows server 2008
- sql server 2008

Steeve

May 30, 2010, 1:23:33 PM5/30/10
I'm also having the error about the OS not being supported. Our AOS is running on Win2008R2. Still, i haven't encountered the other errors you got.

How much time between the start and the unexpected stop of your AOS? Can you work a little in the instance before it stops?

Amer wrote:

Dynamics AX 2009 AOS Service
30-May-10

WPF Report Engine, Part 4
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5ac799db-385f-431a-8a45-8b37cb7f3186/wpf-report-engine-part-4.aspx

Amer

May 31, 2010, 10:14:01 AM5/31/10
Hi Steeve:
There is no certain time the service stops at, it happens randomly.
and yes you can work on the instance, sometimes it took 6 hours between the
start and the next stop !!!

it's really weird, but i guess it's something to do with the sql server, but
i am not sure !!!

"Steeve" wrote:

> .

Jonas

May 31, 2010, 10:23:57 AM5/31/10
We have had a lot of crashes lataly. We still have problems, but they have
been somewhat reduced.

The first thing that we did was to install the latest Ax kernel. This one
can be requested from MS Support.

The next thing we did was to update the SQL Native Client. By default Ax2009
installs Native Client 2005.
In that case, install SQL Server 2005 SP3 on the AOS (check the Native
Client component) and then install Cumulative Update 9 (the file you need is
"2005_SP3_SNAC_CU9***")

SP3
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ae7387c3-348c-4faa-8ae5-949fdfbe59c4&displaylang=en

CU9
http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=980176&kbln=en-us

Don´t know it will help you, but it might be worth trying.

/Jonas

"Amer" <Am...@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet

dago

Aug 2, 2010, 11:24:06 AM8/2/10
The problem has been solved? I have the same case!

Thank's