Can't install age of empires 2.

Ryan

Jan 7, 2008, 11:26:00 PM1/7/08
One day i felt like playing age of empires 2, so i had to install it and for
some reason it always stops at 51% (LBRITED.TTF). I have two new fast
computers and it works on one of them but for some reason it won't work on
this one. Any ideas on what i should do?

Chris Game

Jan 8, 2008, 6:55:05 AM1/8/08
On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 20:26:00 -0800, Ryan wrote:

> I have two new fast computers and it works on one of them but for
> some reason it won't work on this one. Any ideas on what i should
> do?

Use the one it works on?

--
Chris Game

What is a "free" gift ? Aren't all gifts free?

Ethan

Jan 11, 2008, 11:27:00 PM1/11/08
I am having the exact same problem, only I have one computer, so I cant play
on another. Could it be that my disc is scratched? the edges of the CD are a
little bit, but not severely. Is there anyway I can fix this?

TnZ...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2008, 1:37:35 AM2/25/08
I just bought the game tonight, and I am having the exact same
problem. I've got a brand new computer running Windows Vist Home
Premium. My disc is in perfect shape. It's right out of the box.
Can any one out there help? I'de hate to think that I just wasted
money on a game that wont even load!!

> > this one. Any ideas on what i should do?- Hide quoted text -

tomoki....@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2008, 2:08:16 PM2/27/08

manually copy all the fonts from the system/font directory of the AOK
cd to the system/font directory of your computer first. then try to
install from the cd again. this worked for me. i think there is a
trouble copying librited.ttf file.

shurtug...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2012, 3:25:36 AM6/22/12
Thanks very much, worked for me <3

gimro...@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2012, 11:34:45 PM7/27/12
THANK YOU IT WORKED :D

crbian...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2013, 9:10:50 PM2/7/13
WORKED YOU'RE MY NEW BEST FRIEND! :D

martingo...@hotmail.com

May 5, 2013, 7:41:06 PM5/5/13
OMG I LOVE YOU

shawn.ala...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2013, 10:55:20 PM9/29/13
Thank you this worked! Windows 7 All I did was drag and drop all the font files from the cd to the fonts manager in the control panel.

ma90...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2013, 9:59:48 AM10/2/13
I did as suggested, but nothing happened. I am still unable to play the game. Any ideas on what to do?

abdala....@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2013, 1:27:24 PM10/9/13
It worked for me, thanks!

boff...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2013, 9:30:37 PM11/7/13
how do you do that!!!!!
Message has been deleted

peterhodg...@gmail.com

Nov 16, 2013, 9:37:38 AM11/16/13

> manually copy all the fonts from the system/font directory of the AOK
> cd to the system/font directory of your computer first. then try to
> install from the cd again. this worked for me. i think there is a
> trouble copying librited.ttf file.

Where do i copy the files exactly?

Etal

Nov 19, 2013, 9:41:30 PM11/19/13
Quoted from an earlier reply:
"Thank you this worked! Windows 7 All I did was drag and drop
all the font files from the cd to the fonts manager in the
control panel."

If neither of the above instructions work for you. another
way you can try is to pasting the following in the "Run..." box.
( ...after having inserted the CD, and quit any program that
autoruns on insertion. ) ( It assumes that your CD is identified
by the drive-letter "D:\" )

---- ---- Line to copy/paste is below here ---- ----

Cmd.exe /C Copy /-Y "D:\System\Fonts\*.ttf" "%WinDir%\Fonts\"

---- ---- Line to copy/paste is above here ---- ----

Answer "no" for any file it asks if it should overwrite.
That file then already exist, and probably a newer version then
what comes with AoE II.

iHopeThatHelps

chow...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2014, 6:16:01 PM1/18/14

> manually copy all the fonts from the system/font directory of the AOK
> cd to the system/font directory of your computer first. then try to
> install from the cd again. this worked for me. i think there is a
> trouble copying librited.ttf file.

I'm compputer dumb, can you give me a walkthrough of how to do such a thing?

ghostx...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2014, 5:05:22 AM2/28/14
worked like a charm thanks a ton :)

foolpr...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2014, 4:26:32 PM3/10/14
When I go to copy the fonts, there isn't a system/fonts directory

sleib...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2014, 10:44:25 AM4/20/14
well here is what i did to make it Work without getting stuck at 51% dos as whritten copy the Whole cd over to youre hard disk then finde the setup file right clik on properties the the fane compatibility , then mark on compatibility with Windows 95 as it is a old game and it all Work like a charm, myself have Windows 7 and all instal when well

al...@hotmail.co.uk

Jul 18, 2014, 8:49:40 PM7/18/14
> manually copy all the fonts from the system/font directory of the AOK
> cd to the system/font directory of your computer first. then try to
> install from the cd again. this worked for me. i think there is a
> trouble copying librited.ttf file.

WOrks great!! Thank you!!!!

thesuspend...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2014, 8:03:19 AM7/24/14
Thank you,
I was tempted to copy all the files from the disk into my Hard drive.
if you dont know what to move where
In the disc's files go to /system/fonts and copy that into your windows/fonts folder on your hard drive. Copy ALL Files from the fonts.

jen.r...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2014, 11:25:05 PM9/11/14
OMG thank you so much! I tried some of the other things and running that prompt someone posted on my Windows 8 laptop, but this was the only thing that worked/I understood. I'm so pumped to finally play this after 4 years!!

danale...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2014, 12:08:34 PM9/15/14
Worked for me too, thank you!

Copied the fonts that were not present on OS (because, take in mind, the OS might have a newer version of fonts file than that on disc) and the installation proceeded with no issues :)

dave.h...@hotmail.co.uk

Nov 2, 2014, 3:24:07 AM11/2/14
I was having the same problem, stuck on 51% and changing the properties for the game to install in compatibility to a windows 95 worked exactly how this guy explained it, installed completely fine afterwards. Thankyou so much

asmir...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2015, 7:16:58 AM6/24/15
ty for that, i copyed fonts from install folder of AOE2 to C:\Windows\Fonts
manually like you said and reboted installation, it went true perfectly :)

there is probably some kinda bug with installation.

unger...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2015, 7:03:27 AM12/12/15
you are a genius

ninja...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2016, 12:40:57 PM2/28/16
PRAISE THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY IT WORKED!!

dscottha...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2016, 3:44:10 PM3/1/16
I may be the only person here who doesn't know what any of that means. I am trying to install this on my laptop and it stops at 51 percent and freezes. Is there any way I can fix this. And I am humble enough to admit I won't understand a whole lot of computer language. Is there any way you can give me a step by step instructions on how to do this?

kayla....@gmail.com

May 2, 2016, 10:28:03 AM5/2/16
Thank you. This really helped.

brandon...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2016, 3:46:36 PM6/11/16
On Tuesday, January 8, 2008 at 4:26:00 AM UTC, Ryan wrote:
> One day i felt like playing age of empires 2, so i had to install it and for
> some reason it always stops at 51% (LBRITED.TTF). I have two new fast
> computers and it works on one of them but for some reason it won't work on
> this one. Any ideas on what i should do?
if you eat the game and shit out the disc shards then tape it back together, slap you mam 3 times in face shit on her neck and restart the game it should work

patw...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2016, 4:30:01 AM11/12/16
Thank you!
Now it works.

alex....@gmail.com

Dec 4, 2016, 4:30:28 PM12/4/16
If anyone doesn't understand how, go into your file explorer. At the top, there should be a bar with "Quick Access" or the folder you're in on it. Click it, and type/paste D:\ then search for FONTS. Copy the files inside the FONTS folder, go to your control panel, open Fonts, and paste the fonts from the FONTS folder.

robert....@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2017, 8:02:05 PM7/18/17
On Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 1:08:16 PM UTC-6, tomoki....@gmail.com wrote:
> On Feb 25, 2:37 pm, TnZu...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I just bought the game tonight, and I am having the exact same
> > problem. I've got a brand new computer running Windows Vist Home
> > Premium. My disc is in perfect shape. It's right out of the box.
> > Can any one out there help? I'de hate to think that I just wasted
> > money on a game that wont even load!!
> >
> > On Jan 11, 10:27 pm, Ethan <Et...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I am having the exact same problem, only I have one computer, so I cant play
> > > on another. Could it be that my disc is scratched? the edges of the CD are a
> > > little bit, but not severely. Is there anyway I can fix this?

> manually copy all the fonts from the system/font directory of the AOK
> cd to the system/font directory of your computer first. then try to
> install from the cd again. this worked for me. i think there is a
> trouble copying librited.ttf file.

I know this is a very old post, but I wanted to bust out some AOE II and had this problem and no matter where I looked no results till now... you're a legend thank you
Message has been deleted

ch...@portitaliaconstruction.com

Aug 15, 2017, 1:37:00 AM8/15/17
Copied the fonts from the AOE 2 disc and pasted them into the "fonts file" found after searching in the system application on the computer. Not pasting them into the game folder but into yi R computers font file. Thank for the tip, still works all of these years later.

thisg...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2018, 1:50:59 PM1/7/18
I just selected all of the fonts from the disc and installed them (I had to click reinstall for them all too,) and that worked, too.

AOE2 Win10

Mar 26, 2018, 11:18:10 PM3/26/18
On Tuesday, January 8, 2008 at 2:26:00 PM UTC+10, Ryan wrote:
> One day i felt like playing age of empires 2, so i had to install it and for
> some reason it always stops at 51% (LBRITED.TTF). I have two new fast
> computers and it works on one of them but for some reason it won't work on
> this one. Any ideas on what i should do?

Windows 10 install:

1. Uninstall AOE2 (if currently installed or half installed (e.g. 51%))

2. Insert Disk (if not already inserted).

3. Open disK drive (e.g. 'D drive', or Virtual disk drive i.e. 'power ISO') to view files in a new window. Do not auto run setup. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Then open folders as follows:
> AOE2
> UK (for English, or other languages)
> System
> Fonts (copy all)

4. Right click on start menu
> Open control panel
> search 'fonts' (search box @ top right)
> open 'fonts'
> paste here
> skip 'copies' (if this didn't work, return to this step and replace)

5. Run disk.
> install AOE2.

38815...@kealakehees.k12.hi.us

Apr 20, 2018, 3:21:03 PM4/20/18

leifho...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2018, 11:05:20 AM9/24/18
How do you manually copy all the fonts from the system/font directory of the AOK
cd to the system/font directory of your computer?

gret...@gmail.com

Oct 25, 2018, 12:17:51 PM10/25/18
On Tuesday, January 8, 2008 at 11:26:00 AM UTC+7, Ryan wrote:
> One day i felt like playing age of empires 2, so i had to install it and for
> some reason it always stops at 51% (LBRITED.TTF). I have two new fast
> computers and it works on one of them but for some reason it won't work on
> this one. Any ideas on what i should do?

Thank for informations..

For ease of searching software and drivers needed for printers and scanners
https://scansnapdriver.com/fujitsu-scansnap-ix500-driver/
http://canonijdriver.com/ij-network-scanner-selector-ex/

kurtisr...@gmail.com

Dec 19, 2018, 12:30:13 AM12/19/18
your my saviour thanks ;)

pmiko...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2019, 9:18:21 AM2/18/19
Pada Selasa, 08 Januari 2008 11.26.00 UTC+7, Ryan menulis:
> One day i felt like playing age of empires 2, so i had to install it and for
> some reason it always stops at 51% (LBRITED.TTF). I have two new fast
> computers and it works on one of them but for some reason it won't work on
> this one. Any ideas on what i should do?

the computer can store unlimited data, the method is with synology. to find out more about synology please visit .....

https://www.synologycloudstation.com/

kayla...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2019, 1:50:55 PM4/25/19
On Tuesday, January 8, 2008 at 11:26:00 AM UTC+7, Ryan wrote:
> One day i felt like playing age of empires 2, so i had to install it and for
> some reason it always stops at 51% (LBRITED.TTF). I have two new fast
> computers and it works on one of them but for some reason it won't work on
> this one. Any ideas on what i should do?

Try to find the remote access in go

alghif...@gmail.com

May 31, 2019, 1:36:46 PM5/31/19
Pada Selasa, 08 Januari 2008 11.26.00 UTC+7, Ryan menulis:
> One day i felt like playing age of empires 2, so i had to install it and for
> some reason it always stops at 51% (LBRITED.TTF). I have two new fast
> computers and it works on one of them but for some reason it won't work on
> this one. Any ideas on what i should do?

about me
Hello, I'm Viona Arnetha. I am a student living in Jakarta, Indonesia. I am a fan of technology, music and design. I am also interested in developing and reading the web. You can visit my website by clicking the link that I have provided

Link:
https://www.sftpport.com/
https://www.vmwarefree.com/

alghif...@gmail.com

May 31, 2019, 1:37:16 PM5/31/19

alghif...@gmail.com

May 31, 2019, 1:37:47 PM5/31/19
Pada Jumat, 26 April 2019 00.50.55 UTC+7, kayla...@gmail.com menulis:
https://www.sftpport.com/
https://www.vmwarefree.com/

apri...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2019, 4:09:15 PM9/5/19
Pada Selasa, 08 Januari 2008 11.26.00 UTC+7, Ryan menulis:
> One day i felt like playing age of empires 2, so i had to install it and for
> some reason it always stops at 51% (LBRITED.TTF). I have two new fast
> computers and it works on one of them but for some reason it won't work on
> this one. Any ideas on what i should do?

great argument,,

best regards

apri...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2019, 4:10:18 PM9/5/19
Pada Selasa, 08 Januari 2008 11.26.00 UTC+7, Ryan menulis:
> One day i felt like playing age of empires 2, so i had to install it and for
> some reason it always stops at 51% (LBRITED.TTF). I have two new fast
> computers and it works on one of them but for some reason it won't work on
> this one. Any ideas on what i should do?

best site
https://www.ultravncdownload.com/2019/05/ultra-vnc-viewer.html

mechanic

Sep 6, 2019, 7:25:27 AM9/6/19
Have you installed STEAM? Works fine on that.

adiro8 TM

Feb 2, 2024, 3:14:22 PMFeb 2
On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 at 2:41:30 AM UTC, Etal wrote:
> peterhodg...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >> manually copy all the fonts from the system/font directory
> >> of the AOK cd to the system/font directory of your computer
> >> first. then try to install from the cd again. this worked
> >> for me. i think there is a trouble copying librited.ttf
> >> file.
> >
> > Where do i copy the files exactly?
> Quoted from an earlier reply:
> "Thank you this worked! Windows 7 All I did was drag and drop
> all the font files from the cd to the fonts manager in the
> control panel."
> If neither of the above instructions work for you. another
> way you can try is to pasting the following in the "Run..." box.
> ( ...after having inserted the CD, and quit any program that
> autoruns on insertion. ) ( It assumes that your CD is identified
> by the drive-letter "D:\" )
>
> ---- ---- Line to copy/paste is below here ---- ----
>
> Cmd.exe /C Copy /-Y "D:\System\Fonts\*.ttf" "%WinDir%\Fonts\"
>
> ---- ---- Line to copy/paste is above here ---- ----
>
> Answer "no" for any file it asks if it should overwrite.
> That file then already exist, and probably a newer version then
> what comes with AoE II.
>
> iHopeThatHelps
>

> --
Still works.On windows 11