LDAP query to list users from Domain Local group

prs

Jul 22, 2008, 12:22:16 PM7/22/08
I have a domain local group that has members from a trusted forest.
I'm trying the following query to list the members

memberOf=CN=<domain_local_group>,OU=Sub-
Group,OU=Group,DC=NAME,DC=COMPANY,DC=COM

This query works fine for a Global group but does not work for Domain
Local group. Please advice.

Thanks,
Ram

Joe Kaplan

Jul 23, 2008, 11:14:38 AM7/23/08
Normally, users from a trusted forest will be represented by a foreign
security principal object, so the DN in the group's member attribute will
point to the FSP object that gets created when the user is added.

I'd start by looking at the member attribute to see what the DN of the user
is.

It may also be the case that the member attribute contains the DN of a user
in a different domain in the forest. In that case, you'll need to search in
that domain to find them.

Joe K.
http://www.directoryprogramming.net
--