set background color to transparent

k2sarah

Jan 11, 2008, 10:43:01 AM1/11/08
i am using vba to perform conditional formatting. i am having trouble setting
the background color to transparent. any help would be appreciated.
thks

Klatuu

Jan 11, 2008, 10:56:01 AM1/11/08
transparent is not a color. What are you trying to accomplish?
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

k2sarah

Jan 11, 2008, 11:03:04 AM1/11/08
my conditional formatting logic is done in vba by setting rgb properties.
this is a simplified version
--if x=2 then color blue
--if x=1 color red
--if x=0 then (no color: make transparent)

if x=0, i am not sure how to set this to the default or transparent. for
whatever reason, if x=0 and i do not set the backcolor, it defaults to the
previous color. the color setting code is performed by firing the report
format detail event.

if i set it to white, how can i then control the HSL setting?

thks

Klatuu

Jan 11, 2008, 11:08:08 AM1/11/08
setting it to white (vbWhite) would work, but I don't know what an HSL
setting is. Never heard of it.