Unexpected Error 32811 in Access 97

R Simmons

Feb 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/12/98

OK, now what. I have a control on a form with an "AfterUpdate"
routine. It worked for a while (I know because I was checking some
changes to the DB access within), then it stopped. Now I get an error
32811 ("Maybe bad, call Micro$oft") message and the Next Statement is
always the "Private Sub Field_AfterUpdate()" statement in the module.
It's like the link to the code is broken. I have turned off the event
and the form works fine, just doesn't perform the checks I need.
Turning it back on brings out the same damn error.

What gives? I have repaired and compacted the database to no avail.
The last I can remember changing was I cloned the form and created
another with the same code. It also does this error.

Any MS folks out there with access to the code to figure out exactly
what a 32811 is since it didn't end up with a text entry in the Help DB?

TIA....

Dev Ashish

Feb 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/13/98

IMO, 32811 is too high an error number to be pre-defined in any kind of
error tables.

Could you post more info on what version of Access are you using and such
things? It _sounds_ too close to a corrupt form but will not venture to say
that unless I can confirm the version#.

HTH

--
Just my $.001
Dev Ashish

R Simmons wrote in message <34E3C4...@cnsnet.net>...
:OK, now what. I have a control on a form with an "AfterUpdate"

Michael Kaplan

Feb 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/13/98

This is an Access 97 error directly from VBA. Its exact descriptionis ot
documented but it was thought that this would be mor reassuring than what
this error condition did in Access 95 (the blank msgbox o'death).

It generally means a corrupted VBA project.

Michael