Wizard is unable to create form

shadden

Feb 4, 2008, 1:55:01 PM2/4/08
Hello all, Hope you can help.

I am using Access 2000 SP-3 on an IBM Thinkpad running Windows 2000.
I have created a database (my first) with 27 tables. I have about 150 fields
total among the tables. I'm somewhat familiar with database structure and
design and think it's ok. I've followed all the conventions about naming and
linking with primary and foreign keys, etc. Also, had one of IT folks take a
look and he gave it his blessing.

I'm trying to create a data entry form for this db. I am using the wizard to
create my form (since I can't figure out how to do it in Design View which I
would prefer). Only a few fields actually require text data to be entered,
most are selections from drop down menus or Y/N. I can successfully create
forms for all the tables singly and in various combinations. But when I try
to put too many together (or all of them), I get the error message "The
wizard is unable to create your form".

Unfortunately, I can't tease any more clues out of Access to give me a hint
about why it's failing. I've search the internet but have only found one
reference to excess fields but I'm under that limit.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Please let me know if you need any more
info.

Golfinray

Feb 4, 2008, 3:12:03 PM2/4/08
I think that as a general rule, when you get that error message, it is
because you are missing or have an incorrect link somewhere. The form wizard
can't see how this particular data will relate to each other and so it can't
connect. Go to relationships and check. Another possibility is that you need
to build queries with only the necessary data for a particular form, link the
tables in the query, and THEN build the form. Once the query is built
properly the form should be no problem.

Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com

Feb 4, 2008, 3:35:59 PM2/4/08
The limit of fields per form (actually the limit of fields per recordset, 255)
is not the limit for creating a form with the Forms Wizard! I'm not really
sure that there is a cut and dried limit, as such, for the Wizard; I've
never seen one listed. The Forms Wizard is intended to create ***simple***
forms for the casual user, not something along the lines that you've
described. I'm afraid that you're going to have to take the time to learn to
use the Form Design View in order to do something this in depth.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003