mgo r2015.05.29 released

Gustavo Niemeyer

May 29, 2015, 9:00:29 AM5/29/15
to golan...@googlegroups.com, mongod...@googlegroups.com, mgo-...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

Just tagged a new release of the mgo MongoDB driver for Go.

All details at:

Thanks for everyone's help on it.

Ed Pelc

Jun 3, 2015, 12:53:30 PM6/3/15
to mgo-...@googlegroups.com, golan...@googlegroups.com, mongod...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone else had issues with `UpdateId()` in 2015-05-29? I had to revert back to 2015-05-24 because it would only return a not found error.

Gustavo Niemeyer

Jun 3, 2015, 2:07:32 PM6/3/15
to mgo-...@googlegroups.com, golan...@googlegroups.com, mongod...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ed,

I just got a report on this. It seems related to change in server behavior on update results given the new code paths supporting write commands. I'll reproduce it under a test and have a new release shortly with the fix.

Gustavo Niemeyer

Jun 3, 2015, 2:29:57 PM6/3/15
to mgo-...@googlegroups.com, golan...@googlegroups.com, mongod...@googlegroups.com

More details on this issue: the undue not found error result only happens when talking to a 3.0+ server and when the document is not changed. It's indeed being caused by a small difference in the result format returned when going through the new write command path, which for now is only enabled for 3.0+.

I will fix that and push a new short release in a moment.

Gustavo Niemeyer

Jun 3, 2015, 4:09:41 PM6/3/15
to mgo-...@googlegroups.com, golan...@googlegroups.com, mongod...@googlegroups.com

That's fixed, released and tagged as r2015.06.03. Please let me know if any other issues show up.

Ed Pelc

Jun 9, 2015, 10:05:44 AM6/9/15
to mgo-...@googlegroups.com, mongod...@googlegroups.com, golan...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick fix. I forgot to turn my emails on for this group so I didn't notice sooner.