Mezzanine 3.1 and Cartridge 0.9.3 released

Stephen McDonald

Apr 18, 2014, 8:13:53 PM4/18/14
to mezzani...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've just pushed both Mezzanine 3.1 and Cartridge 0.9.3 to PyPI.

This is a huge release! Mezzanine 3.1 is really what 3.0 should have been, which has had quite a rocky road over the last few months - upgrading to Python 3.3, Django 1.6 and Bootstrap 3 all at once brought quite a few bugs along, but these have since been squashed and Mezzanine is very stable.

Along with that, we've a bunch of cool new features too. Here's an overview of what 3.1 brings:

- New TweetableAdminMixin class for posting content directly to Twitter (blog uses this by default)
- Main content architecture docs have been overhauled: http://mezzanine.jupo.org/docs/content-architecture.html
- Thumbnails can now be generated with padded areas + configurable background colours
- Extra email recipients in forms builder can now have custom email templates
- Improved multi-site support in deployment fabfile
- Custom widgets configurable for forms builder via FORMS_EXTRA_WIDGETS setting
- Fix for long outstanding bug when uploading large files via forms builder
- Search API can now span across model related fields
- Ratings can be edited by authenticated users
- Select widgets in the admin now use jQuery chosen plugin: http://harvesthq.github.io/chosen/
- Page subclasses can provide their own template names via "get_template_name" method
- Pillow now explicitly installed as a dependency

I've also pushed out Cartridge 0.9.3 which has a small set of features and fixes:

- Fixed PDF dependencies (replaced pisa with xhtml2pdf)
- Products now searchable by SKU
- New settings for toggling upsell/related products
- Customers or staff can now have receipt emails resent

That's it! A massive thanks goes out to everyone who contributed features, fixes, and support on the mailing list. Mezzanine has never been this good, and it's all thanks to you.

--
Stephen McDonald
http://jupo.org

Ziwei Zhou

Apr 18, 2014, 10:30:28 PM4/18/14
to mezzani...@googlegroups.com, st...@jupo.org
Thanks for the great work. I installed your update and one thing I noticed is that all the rich text edit field in admin interface did not get upgrade with tinymce

Stephen McDonald

Apr 18, 2014, 10:56:01 PM4/18/14
to mezzani...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the report - I've just push 3.1.1 with a fix.

Ziwei Zhou

Apr 21, 2014, 8:59:14 PM4/21/14
to mezzani...@googlegroups.com, st...@jupo.org
Thanks for the fix, Stephen.

One last thing, it seems the tinymce_setup script is not using static from statifiles library in the admin page.

Ziwei Zhou

Apr 21, 2014, 9:49:58 PM4/21/14
to mezzani...@googlegroups.com, st...@jupo.org

Same thing happens to the media gallery as well.

Stephen McDonald

Apr 21, 2014, 10:59:40 PM4/21/14
to mezzani...@googlegroups.com
Gonna suggest you've misconfigured something somehow.

All of the 404s you referenced are defined with relative paths (eg no leading slash or host). According to the Django docs, media files defined on form widgets (as is the case with tiny_mce_setup.js and keywords_field.js) will automatically be passed through staticfiles handling. My own testing just now shows this works correctly.

As for the css files in your second email, those are simply defined in templates, and passed to the static template tag - it's even clearer in this case that they're passed through staticfiles handling.

You'll need to work this out yourself, so good luck.

If you do make progress but can't resolve it entirely, please start a new thread. It's a terrible shame to be troubleshooting this in the release announcement thread!

Adrian Marius Popa

Apr 23, 2014, 12:13:33 PM4/23/14
to mezzani...@googlegroups.com, st...@jupo.org
This is considered stable version for Firebird Django setup (Django 1.6.3)

pip install --upgrade mezzanine

./manage migrate

Also i have updated the install instructions

http://mariuz.android-dev.ro/blog/asdasdasd/