Is there any approach to reset our ''MetricRegistry''?

shanfeng Jiang

Nov 2, 2016, 4:48:35 AM11/2/16
to metrics-user
It is great to hear this metrics lib, which may provide a elegant solution for my requirement of statistics for monitoring data.

I need to count performance of my program and calculate some features such as max, min, mean during a configurable period.
Here comes my question. I could not find a way to reset my metric with metrics.

Marshall Pierce

Nov 3, 2016, 1:46:52 PM11/3/16
to metric...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately there isn’t a great solution right now. Probably your best bet is to manually create new Timer, etc, objects as needed, or write your own classes that allow resetting. It’s good to know about this use case, though; perhaps we can do better in metrics v4.