Metrics at scale

瀏覽次數:83 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Alessandro Bellina

未讀,
2016年10月18日 下午4:11:042016/10/18
收件者:metrics-user
Hello

I am looking to learn what are common patterns others have used while adding codahale metrics to many processes (say thousands of JVMs).

Is the common way to use metrics directly in each JVM and leave the complexity of the collection task from that many connections to the aggregator/storage? E.g. I see graphite has caches, relays, and aggregators, and I've seen references to folks creating setups with load balancers at that level. Or, do some funnel raw stats to intermediary services that eventually have Reporters? Not sure if codahale supports a "relay" of sorts.

Any pointers to projects that you know of that may have these any processes producing stats would be welcome.

Thanks,

Alessandro

Timothy Ehlers

未讀,
2016年11月9日 上午10:42:562016/11/9
收件者:metrics-user
Graphite is an old file system technology and does not scale well. You will need to dust off every OPs trick in the book. SSDs/kernel tunings. Move off all the python pids. I recommend carbon-c-relay and go-carbon instead of the python ones. As for the alternatives, Cyanite looks like it works well but it just doesnt work at large scale period. Opentsdb seems to work great but requires non-graphite input. Then you have Influx which also does not work and changes the fundamentals of how it works.

When you say scale i assume 5mil metrics a min or more.
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息