Turning on jsonp in MetricsServlet

Greg Pendlebury

Sep 8, 2016, 9:31:53 PM9/8/16
to metric...@googlegroups.com
I am hoping this is nothing more than a derp on my part... but how is one meant to do this?

I upgraded to 3.1.2 this morning for the sole purpose of adding jsonp support and I can't seem to get it working correctly.

After reading the code in AdminServlet and MetricServlet it seems like this change is all I need (new lines are in red):

<servlet>
  <servlet-name>indexer-metrics</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>com.codahale.metrics.servlets.AdminServlet</servlet-class>
  <init-param>
    <param-name>com.codahale.metrics.servlets.MetricsServlet.jsonpCallback</param-name>
    <param-value>callback</param-value>
  </init-param>

  <load-on-startup>5</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

Unfortunately however the servlet just keeps returning plain json.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ta,
Greg