4.0.0 development

Ben Tatham

Sep 6, 2017, 11:29:17 AM9/6/17
to metrics-user
Hello,
I'd like to be able to contribute to moving this project forward, especially with respect to MetricName's (to provide tags) and InfluxDB.  To that end, is there a document that I'm not seeing that describes the current branches 4.0-development and master?  There seems to be a fairly large divergence there, and master has many more features (including both of my areas of interest).

My guess would be that master should not be a 5.0 development branch, and the scope of 4.0 is reduced a bit  to be  Java8 + MetricAttributes + general cleanup, etc?

I do have at least one day a month now to work on this, so while not a lot, it is not an empty offer (this time) to work on it :)

Thanks,
Ben