4.0 Release Schedule?

Ben Tatham

Jun 15, 2016, 12:48:12 PM6/15/16
to metrics-user
Is there a schedule/timeline for when we might expect a 4.0 release (from master)?

If not, is master considered to be in a relatively usable state, in which case we can build it ourselves, and then provide feedback on it?
Also, if not, what can I do to speed it up?  I might be able to steal some cycles to contribute...do you really intend to finish off all the issues marked as a 4.0.0 milestone?  Do you have to finish and release 3.2 first?

We are really looking forward to the native influxdb support and the new MetricName class.  We want to transition from graphite to influxdb, and while we could configure the influx graphite receiver to try to do all the tag/measurement mapping, we would much rather move forward with Metrics 4.0.

-Ben

Erik van Oosten

Sep 13, 2016, 3:39:59 AM9/13/16
to metric...@googlegroups.com
Bump.

I am curious as well. Is there a place where the devs hang out so we can listen in?

Kind regards,
    Erik.

michal....@esacinc.com

Oct 6, 2016, 10:31:09 PM10/6/16
to metrics-user
Has there been any news/progress regarding the next release (3.2, I assume)?

The changes to HealthCheck as part of issue #663 would be tremendously useful to have right now ...

Raymond Conn

Feb 1, 2017, 3:06:29 PM2/1/17
to metrics-user
are there any rough timelines on when the 4.0 release may happen. We are in the same boat as the original poster. Would love to use the 4.0 features, but don't want to build internally if there is the potential that the apis could have breaking changes introduced to them.