Using metrics for distribution of age

Anand Sankanna

Nov 30, 2017, 8:18:19 PM11/30/17
to metrics-user
Hi, I am looking to monitor various percentiles for age and last accessed time of user sessions in my service, this is using JMX counters.
Even if nothing happens, the age and last accessed times will linearly increase with wall clock time, with sudden increase/decrease corresponding when a session starts or stops.
Is there a way to model this using the metrics library ?

Thanks,
Anand

Erik van Oosten

Dec 6, 2017, 4:13:46 AM12/6/17
to metric...@googlegroups.com
Just track birth date (in epoch millis) and while graphing subtract that from the current time (in epoch millis).

Kind regards,
    Erik.