Site IDs beginning with '99' e.g. 99186

matty...@googlemail.com

May 31, 2017, 10:36:10 AM5/31/17
to Met Office DataPoint
Hi all,

I am new to using the service so apologies if I am getting things wrong - I was playing with the UK extremes data and noticed
that many of the observation site IDs in the extremes data begin with '99' e.g. Kielder Castle has an ID of 99186.
However this site (and seemingly most others beginning with '99') are not in the observations site list. Therefore:

1. How are the weather extreme data for these sites recorded if they are not listed observation sites?

2. Is there a way to get the longitude/latitude co-ordinates for these '99' sites through the datapoint product?
I can see there is a url e.g. http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/data/services/locations/v2/99186 which contains
site details, so I was wondering if there was an equivalent in the datapoint product that we can get via xhr?

Many thanks for any assistance!