Bounding boxes for WMTS

stewart.paul...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2015, 12:35:45 PM6/22/15
to metoffice...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Could anyone tell me how the bounding boxes work on the WMTS rainfall radar observation layer? I want to use the EPSG:27700 projection but regardless of what scale I use, I only ever get tiles with a bounding box that chops off the bottom, left and right of the total image. Does anyone know how I get the layer for the entire of the supposed boundary box for this image of 48.0 to 61.0 degrees north and 12.0 degrees west to 5.0 degrees east?

Thanks,

Stewart

Andy Turner

Jul 28, 2017, 11:30:17 AM7/28/17
to Met Office DataPoint
Hi Stewart,

I am now looking at this and realising the same thing. I can probably cope with losing the bits that are gone, but I need to find a way of calculating the bounding boxes. We are given the top left coordinates and a Scale Denominator, but I'm not sure how to work out what the other coordinates are from this information. I will have a play and see if I can figure it out.

Andy

Felix Stoll

Jan 9, 2024, 10:00:39 AMJan 9
to Met Office DataPoint