metoffice worldwide 3 hourly prediction didn't know was possible

Paolo Di Prodi

Apr 25, 2016, 5:13:43 AM4/25/16
to Met Office DataPoint
Hello folks,
I hope you can help me with this.
I was studying this app for Ios:
and discovered that is able to fetch the UV index not just from UK locations but also from other locations worldwide , although not all of them (for example Sidney is not there but Camberra is!).
I can see they are making calls to the metoffice endpoints for instance let's say I want the UK from Shenzhen, China:

GET /public/data/val/wxfcs/all/json/59493?res=3hourly&key=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx HTTP/1.1

Host: datapoint.metoffice.gov.uk

Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate

Connection: close

Accept: */*

The 59493 is the station id which obviously is not present in the list of 5,000 sites in the UK.

I cannot find any documentation on the metoffice that refer to get 3 hourly predictions for worldwide locations so I am wondering if this is some sort of private or premium API?

Any help il welcome.

colin.corkerton

Apr 27, 2016, 10:43:06 AM4/27/16
to Met Office DataPoint
Hi,

I think this is an old app. The Met Office is not supplying data to BAD.

Regards,
Colin