How to obtain 3-hourly Forcast by Region

James Donnelly

Dec 15, 2014, 6:00:46 AM12/15/14
to metoffice...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

New to datapoint service so trying to figure stuff out but not getting anywhere fast.

Basically i'm trying to obtain data for when snow (ranging from 22-27 weather codes) is due to fall for regions. I am then planning to use this data to send informative emails to customers where snow is due to fall.

I could call the whole list and write a script to filter out the locations where snow is due, but I don't know what locations refer to which regions which would make sending the emails easier and less time consuming.

I can easily call the region info from the regional text datapoint but there is no definitive value for snow and would need to be search within the text.

Any help would be appreciated!