Upto 5 days out precipitation/rainfall possible with datapoint API?

Mike Harding

May 16, 2018, 6:11:12 PM5/16/18
to Met Office DataPoint
Hi,

I'm building a mapping application and require the ability to overlay rainfall/precipitation forecasts. The application allows the user to 'slide' up-to 5 days into the future from the current date and I would like to show the forecasted rainfall for each day in the future. I've found that the datapoint API has the following API call to get a raster image of forecasted rainfall but it is only possible to request an image for upto 36 hours from the current time.

Is it possible to access forecasts beyond 36 hours through the premium service, or is anyone aware of a service that offers WMS/WMTS/WMS-T forecast layers upto 5 days out?

thanks,
mike