Query with wxmarineobs JSON response for location 162442

Sam Franklin

Aug 6, 2015, 6:42:16 AM8/6/15
to Met Office DataPoint

Hi – I have a NodeJS processing script that consumes the data point marine observations JSON feed.

I believe our processing script has thrown an error due to the format of the response for the “Pap” location ,ID= 162442.  I haven't seen this problem in over 5 months of consuming data.

I’ve put the JSON response (http://datapoint.metoffice.gov.uk/public/data/val/wxmarineobs/all/json/162442?res=hourly&key=<apikey>) through a JSON viewer below and annotated a screenshot attached where I think the issue lies.

It seems there is data that does not conform with the Param data structure/format.

Is this an glitch with the datapoint API, or is the format actually correctly, but I need to modify the NodeJS script (which admittedly I didn't write).

Any help or thoughts you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Sam

wxmarineobs-issue-screenshot.png