DataPoint future update - Feb 2018

MetOffice DataPoint

Feb 8, 2018, 11:20:46 AM2/8/18
to Met Office DataPoint

Progress update 2nd February 2018

The Met Office is aware that we have taken some time to come back to our registered users on the proposed improvements to DataPoint.

We have some good news! Our technical teams are currently working hard to build a solution that will deliver an enhanced service for our users.

If you are interested in helping us shape the new solution we would love to hear from you.

Please contact us via email - and use the following subject line: DataPoint Future Updates

Keep abreast of DataPoint notifications here
Message has been deleted

Brian Gaze

Aug 24, 2018, 2:03:05 AM8/24/18
to Met Office DataPoint
Any news on when the DataPoint upgrade is expected and what it is likely to offer?

xmetman

May 21, 2019, 10:07:13 AM5/21/19
to Met Office DataPoint
It's not coming and the DataPoint service will shut down shortly to be replaced by DataHub a service that you will have to pay for.

Andrew Fernando

Jun 26, 2020, 5:48:40 PM6/26/20
to Met Office DataPoint
Hi there,
Does anyone know how imminent this "shutdown" is likely to be?

I'm aware there is an alternative service in the pipeline, but would like to know when to expect to have to migrate. Also, knowing the capabilities (time and spatial resolutions etc) of the new service would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Andy