Radar specific/individual radar images

Henry Hunt

Feb 15, 2014, 10:16:51 AM2/15/14
to metoffice...@googlegroups.com
This kind of data probably isn't available from anywhere but it is worth a try. I know that each radar sends its data back to Met Office HQ where it is composited into a full UK image so I would like to know if it is possible to view images for each individual radar unit at the stage before it is composited. Is this data even available anywhere on the internet and are there any plans to add a data feed in for this? I am asking this because it would be nice to see the data for individual radars and I suspect that it would be at a higher resolution that the overall UK image but I may be wrong. Something like this: http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2004/images/moreheadcity-nc-radar041304c.jpg where a data from a single radar is displayed. Also, I have read in previous posts that there are plans to add a tiles radar feed but do you currently provide any other resolutions or any other radar data other than the full UK image?

Thanks

Josh Gilpin

Mar 2, 2014, 5:51:27 PM3/2/14
to metoffice...@googlegroups.com
I have enquiried in the past and if I remember rightly the only data available to the public is the composite with not individual radars or products like velocity, correlation coefficient or other dual polarized and doppler products. This is a shame as I would like to have individual radar images and more options of the data to view.

If someone from the met office sees this then could you maybe consider it as it would be a benifit to many.