Current Conditions

Paul Reed

Mar 31, 2017, 2:32:54 PM3/31/17
to Met Office DataPoint
Is there a way to retrieve the current conditions at a location - for example at 353223 ?

I've tried http://datapoint.metoffice.gov.uk/public/data/val/wxfcs/all/json/353223?res=3hourly&key=MY_API_KEY but that only gives the maximum temperature expected in the 3 hour window, and not the current data.

Paul

Garry

Jun 10, 2018, 1:10:46 PM6/10/18
to Met Office DataPoint
Hi Paul - Did you ever solve this? Trying to figure out the same so my app reflects whatever the Met Office app says for the current temp/weather type.

Paul Reed

Jun 10, 2018, 2:24:53 PM6/10/18
to Met Office DataPoint
No, through lack of support from the Met Office I abandoned Data Point, and used Wunderground instead.
It's disappointing that they don't provide more support, especially as this is a relatively new service.

Garry

Jun 10, 2018, 2:46:03 PM6/10/18
to Met Office DataPoint
That's a shame, thanks for your reply though. The Wunderground site says they're no longer providing free API keys... did you get in just in time or find another way around it?

Paul Reed

Jun 10, 2018, 2:54:20 PM6/10/18
to Met Office DataPoint
I've had a Wunderground API key for a number of years now but not always used it.
I'm not sure how long 'The Weather Company' will allow existing users to continue though.
I'm keeping an eye open for an back up service though, just in case!

Garry

Jun 10, 2018, 2:57:59 PM6/10/18
to Met Office DataPoint
Thanks for coming back to me - useful to know anyway! Back to the drawing board :)

xmetman

Jun 21, 2018, 6:56:26 AM6/21/18
to Met Office DataPoint
Why don't you just use OGIMET to download raw SYNOP reports?

For TAFs & METARs you can always use the ADDS data server from NOAA which is extremely fast.