Colour Surface Pressure Charts

Brendan Hulme

Dec 29, 2014, 1:04:21 PM12/29/14
to metoffice...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Just recently you (Met Office) finally stopped general access to Colour surface pressure charts from your site. We had a license to grab these gif images dating back to 2006 and they were used in our website application.
After a bit of hunting around I found that you now have this DataPoint product but it doesn't have Colour Surface Pressure charts.

You use colour charts extensively on the Met Office website, so clearly you produce colour charts so why are they not available on the DataPoint product?
Are there any plans to provide them?

Our website users have already noticed the loss of them and the Black & White charts are quite confusing in comparison (Country coastlines and pressure lines look identical to each other).

All the best,

Brendan

MetOffice DataPoint

Jan 5, 2015, 5:30:21 AM1/5/15
to metoffice...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brendan

My apologies for the problems this has caused. We don't have any plans at the moment for adding colour pressure charts to DataPoint, but I will raise your concerns with the relevant team. I am surprised you had a licence to grab the gif files as this wouldn't normally be allowed, however outr approach to providing access to content from our website has obviously changed in recent years with the introduction of DataPoint.

Regards

Clare