Rainfall Radar and Precipitation Forecast now available as WMTS

瀏覽次數:582 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

MetOffice DataPoint

未讀,
2014年3月14日 上午9:16:282014/3/14
收件者:
Just to let you know that the Rainfall Radar and Precipitation Forecast Map layers are now available as a Web Map Tile Service (WMTS) we have produced specific WMTS documentation with information on how to use them.

If you create anything interesting with them that you are happy to share with us then please let us know, as this supports the case for any further work to be undertaken. Either post to the Group or send an email to data...@metoffice.gov.uk.

Cheers

Clare

Cotswold Weather

未讀,
2014年3月13日 上午10:58:422014/3/13
收件者:MetOffice DataPoint、metoffice...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Claire,
To all, my name is Steve and I have a regional weather website www.cotswold-weather.co.uk
I would love to have an animated rainfall radar page on my site using these layers(s) but am not quite capable of writing the script to perform the animation.
Is there anybody within this group willing/able to assist please?
My website carries no advertising and therefore has no revenue, so maybe a small fee could be offered, because it is more of an interest site more than a cash generator.
Any (in fact all) offers / thought would be very welcome.

Best regards
Steve

Mark Jackson

未讀,
2014年3月13日 下午4:17:242014/3/13
收件者:metoffice...@googlegroups.com
That WMTS documentation page appears to be broken?

Michael Diener

未讀,
2014年3月14日 清晨5:10:202014/3/14
收件者:metoffice...@googlegroups.com
Hi Claire,

this looks very interesting for me as the radar layer would be available in a much higher resolution than currently. I would definitely like to use this for my app.

Before I invest time in coding, I wonder if this functionality is there to stay and if it is covered by the same license as DataPoint - can you elaborate on these topics?

Thank you,
Michael

MetOffice DataPoint

未讀,
2014年3月14日 上午9:23:062014/3/14
收件者:metoffice...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I have checked the link and it works for me, but if you are still having problems the documentation can be found from either the rainfall radar or the precipitation forecast map layers.

These layers have been introduced as part of our work to meet INSPIRE legislation, so they are planned to stay. It is also still availble as OGL as with the original single tile image.

Hope this helps

Clare

Michael Diener

未讀,
2014年4月8日 上午9:44:312014/4/8
收件者:metoffice...@googlegroups.com
Hi Clare,

one question. In the south the precipitation data seems to be cut off. I understand it might not be necessary for Great Britain but the missing part would improve things for the Channel Islands. Also in general the map would look better and not so cut-off.

Are there any plans to also provide the missing data?

Thank you,
Michael

MetOffice DataPoint

未讀,
2014年4月10日 凌晨3:43:132014/4/10
收件者:metoffice...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael

Is this different to the region provided as a single tile? The team have moved on to new work now though so I will struggle to get changes made any time soon if it was appropriate to make them.

Clare

Michael Diener

未讀,
2014年4月10日 凌晨3:55:322014/4/10
收件者:metoffice...@googlegroups.com
Hi Clare,

actually in the single tile there is even more data cut-off, so it improved for the multiple tiles. But still not all the coverage is available.
I'm already happy with the improvements compared to the single image, so this was just a suggestion that I believe could make sense.

-Michael

Simon Bell

未讀,
2014年4月15日 上午8:24:322014/4/15
收件者:metoffice...@googlegroups.com
Here's the new link to the documentation, given that the one above is no longer valid.

MetOffice DataPoint

未讀,
2014年4月29日 清晨5:53:292014/4/29
收件者:metoffice...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Simon.

Lewis Dobson

未讀,
2014年4月29日 上午11:23:562014/4/29
收件者:metoffice...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is it available with the current lightning strikes?

Because at the moment the lightning strikes is pretty useless on an interactive map where you can zoom in. The resolution is so low due to it being a static image with a default size when you do zoom in one strike looks as if it's covering 50 miles, not the exact location.

Thanks
Lewis

MetOffice DataPoint

未讀,
2014年5月2日 清晨5:52:092014/5/2
收件者:metoffice...@googlegroups.com
We don't yet have WMTS for Lightning, we are piloting it with the precipitation forecast and rainfall radar and once we understand the impoact on capacity we will decide how to proceed with the other map layers.

Regards

Clare

chris.cj...@googlemail.com

未讀,
2016年4月13日 清晨5:41:152016/4/13
收件者:Met Office DataPoint
Clare - really struggling to see any overlay !   Have tried & tried with the syntax ... please could you tell me what's wrong with this :

jsdun...@gmail.com

未讀,
2016年7月15日 凌晨3:22:432016/7/15
收件者:Met Office DataPoint
Morning,

I'd be interested to use these layers in ArcGIS Online. However the projections that they are in are not supported in ArcGIS Online. Have you talked with ESRI to find out how your layers can work in their environment ?

If not I have, they tell me you could create these layers with an EPSG 3857 projection so they can be used in AGOL.

Regards.

Jeremy.

Steve Bennett

未讀,
2018年11月8日 中午12:35:552018/11/8
收件者:Met Office DataPoint
Hi,

Can you please please please provide EPSG 3857 as a tile matrix options so we can use them as overlays on Apple and Google maps?

Best regards
Steve
回覆所有人
回覆作者