Hourly wind speed data near Oxford

Toby Jackson

Nov 12, 2016, 1:41:42 PM11/12/16
to Met Office DataPoint
Hi all,

I am having difficulties with the website and getting stuck in a loop. This is my first time using data point and I am looking for hourly average wind speed data around Oxford. I want as long a time series as possible, and if they exist I would like to see return time analysis too.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks
Toby

colin.corkerton

Nov 14, 2016, 3:18:41 AM11/14/16
to Met Office DataPoint
Hi Toby,

Are you looking for average forecast wind data or historical data?

Colin

Tobias Jackson

Nov 14, 2016, 4:20:38 AM11/14/16
to colin.corkerton, Met Office DataPoint
Hi Colin,

I am looking for historical data. Axel Wellpott suggested MIDAS data - which seems ideal.

Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks for your help
Toby