Radar Data

Josh Gilpin

May 21, 2016, 8:39:55 AM5/21/16
to Met Office DataPoint
Hi,
Is there any way to get individual radar data like you can for the US (http://mesonet-nexrad.agron.iastate.edu/level2/raw/) or in australia: http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR503.shtml

I'm not meaning like the current datapoint Urls which require constant changing in order to get the latest image by a single URL which provides the latest composite image to be overlayed or used in an app without lots of back end coding to make it work successfully.

One request would definitely be to have data from individual radars with more than just a composite reflectivity image available and a more frequent update schedule then 15 mins.

Basically what I want to be able to do is have a single url to pull the (latest) data from and have this from individual radar sites such as Dean Hill.

mike

May 21, 2016, 9:47:51 AM5/21/16
to Met Office DataPoint
Maybe also try posing this same question to the folks at Eumetnet too.   see http://www.eumetnet.eu/opera

My best guess, and it is a guess, is that it's available, but for a fee.   Probably not a huge fee though.

Michael