How to mimic 'Now' values from Met Office app

Garry

Jun 10, 2018, 3:19:53 PM6/10/18
to Met Office DataPoint
Hi all/anyone

Does anyone know how I get the current conditions, as in the 'Now' temperature and weather type that is displayed in the Met Office app, for a specific location.

For example, going through the app, Castleford (West Yorks) shows current temp (Now) as 20C, where as the nearest observation station, Bingley SAMOS, shows current temp (Now) as 18C. The only API data I can seem to get is a forecast for Castleford, or a history for Bingley SAMOS.

So my question is, where does the 'Now' data come from for Castleford for example. Is it based on observation/forecast/both. I want my app/display to mimic whatever the Met Office app is showing but can't work out where that comes from. Any help appreciated (and apologies if the answer is obvious and I'm just being stupid!). Thanks.