Historic Observation Data Download

Jonathan Griffiths

Jan 4, 2017, 10:12:07 AM1/4/17
to Met Office DataPoint
Hi all,

Is possible to download historic observation data for a specific site using a URL? I am particularly interested in visibility data.

I have tried the following URL 'http://datapoint.metoffice.gov.uk/public/data/val/wxobs/all/xml/3214?res=3hourly&key=[MY KEY]' (and many other combinations) but am not having much success.

The data does seem to be stored as I can access one timestep at a time using the GUI found here: https://data.gov.uk/metoffice-data-archive

It looks like this service used to be available through Azure which has been retired? Is there a replacement I can try?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Jonathan

Adam Clarke

Apr 28, 2017, 8:33:20 AM4/28/17
to Met Office DataPoint
The hourly data from the Azure marketplace was easy to access and easy to interpret. This url stuff looks clunky, is a nightmare for me to get my head around and looks like it will take a long time for me to produce a dataset that would be taken less than a minute from Azure.

I would like to produce a dataset containing 48 hourly observations from the six nearest observations stations to my location before a specific time stamp. e.g. 2016-12-18 11am.

The thought of trying to produce a url for this is incredibly daunting.

Ian Henry

Oct 25, 2017, 10:53:20 AM10/25/17
to Met Office DataPoint
I am also trying to find a way to obtain a historical data feed.
I have the API working, but for the observed data there only appears to be the last 24 hours available.

Has anyone managed to get a daily historical feed?