DataPoint system - planned maintenance on Wednesday 7 December 2016

瀏覽次數:80 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

colin.corkerton

未讀,
2016年12月7日 凌晨4:14:262016/12/7
收件者:Met Office DataPoint

Some planned maintenance of the Met Office's DataPoint system is scheduled for Wednesday 7 December between 1000 and 1200 UTC.

DataPoint should continue to be available during this time, but data may not update as normal. If you do experience any problems after this time please let us know as soon as possible by contacting enqu...@metoffice.gov.uk including DataPoint in the subject line.

Met Office change CRQ168546 covers this work.

Tim H

未讀,
2016年12月8日 凌晨1:43:592016/12/8
收件者:Met Office DataPoint
Hi Colin,

Thank you for the update.

A number of the weather resources we access have stopped returning the 3-day forecast.
We still get a valid JSON document with the parameters defined, but the data part is empty.

A sample of the site-ids that are returning empty response like this are:
320282:Aylesbury
310056:Crewe
350881:Chelsea

For example:

   http://datapoint.metoffice.gov.uk/public/data/val/wxfcs/all/json/320282?res=3hourly&key=[key]

I'm not sure whether this issue is related to the site maintenance or not, but we did start to experience this problem yesterday.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

colinsjonesuk

未讀,
2016年12月8日 凌晨2:28:322016/12/8
收件者:Met Office DataPoint
Hi Colin,

Thanks for the warning of planned maintenance.

Today, the data section of the XML seems to be missing. DataPoint is supplying the meta data section but the data section is empty.

Please advise if this problem could have been caused by the maintenance work?

Regards
Colin Jones

Alan Fleming

未讀,
2016年12月8日 清晨7:01:542016/12/8
收件者:Met Office DataPoint
Hi Colin,

I'm also seeing similar problems to Tim and Colin below, and have noticed something that may be relevant.

I'm using Liverpool John Lennon Airport (location ID 26) as an example here. If I request the XML data 3 day forecast, I get only this as the forecast:

     <DV dataDate="2016-12-08T09:00:00Z" type="Forecast"/>

The time here is nearly 3 hours in the past.

However, if I change this request to use JSON instead, I get the following response, followed by a full forecast:

     "DV":{"dataDate":"2016-12-08T11:00:00Z","type":"Forecast"...

The time here is for the current hour, as I'd expect.

JSON data seems to work more often, but not in every case.

Hope this helps in some way.

Cheers

Alan

Colin Jones

未讀,
2016年12月8日 清晨7:23:522016/12/8
收件者:Alan Fleming、Met Office DataPoint
Thanks Alan. I think that insight should be very useful for the team trying to solve the problem.

Regards
Colin

colin.corkerton

未讀,
2016年12月9日 凌晨3:31:082016/12/9
收件者:Met Office DataPoint
Hi all,

Are you still experiencing any problems with missing data? This morning (Friday 9th) I have tried the various site ids mentioned below with my own API key and in each case the latest data is being returned.

Regards,
Colin

Colin Jones

未讀,
2016年12月9日 清晨6:00:122016/12/9
收件者:colin.corkerton、Met Office DataPoint
Hi Colin, seems fine now thanks :-)

Kind Regards
Colin Jones

Sent from my Nexus 5x phone

--

Tim Hastings

未讀,
2016年12月9日 上午9:15:362016/12/9
收件者:Colin Jones、colin.corkerton、Met Office DataPoint
Hi Colin,

It looks like thinks have settled down now.
Our last issue was at 12:57 and that was just one request failure whereas before we getting lots failures.

Thank you for the resolution.
I hope you have a great weekend.

Cheers,

Tim

On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 9:14:26 AM UTC, colin.corkerton wrote:

Some planned maintenance of the Met Office's DataPoint system is scheduled for Wednesday 7 December between 1000 and 1200 UTC.

DataPoint should continue to be available during this time, but data may not update as normal. If you do experience any problems after this time please let us know as soon as possible by contacting enqu...@metoffice.gov.uk including DataPoint in the subject line.

Met Office change CRQ168546 covers this work.

Jeremy Holmes

未讀,
2016年12月9日 下午5:24:292016/12/9
收件者:Met Office DataPoint、colins...@gmail.com、colin.c...@metoffice.gov.uk
Hi all. I still have the issue. 22:18 on 9th.

I'm using the JSON format and the DV component returns without the Param object

{"SiteRep":{"Wx":{"Param":[{"name":"F","units":"C","$":"Feels Like Temperature"},{"name":"G","units":"mph","$":"Wind Gust"},{"name":"H","units":"%","$":"Screen Relative Humidity"},{"name":"T","units":"C","$":"Temperature"},{"name":"V","units":"","$":"Visibility"},{"name":"D","units":"compass","$":"Wind Direction"},{"name":"S","units":"mph","$":"Wind Speed"},{"name":"U","units":"","$":"Max UV Index"},{"name":"W","units":"","$":"Weather Type"},{"name":"Pp","units":"%","$":"Precipitation Probability"}]},"DV":{"dataDate":"2016-12-09T18:00:00Z","type":"Forecast"}}}

Shout if you need more. Here's the get request (redacted slightly of course :)

http://datapoint.metoffice.gov.uk/public/data/val/wxfcs/all/json/351448?res=3hourly&key=MickeyMouse...

What is odd is that it works "sometimes" Was testing this afternoon and it was fine.

On 9 Dec 2016 08:31, "colin.corkerton" <colin.c...@metoffice.gov.uk> wrote:
[...]

2016年12月10日 中午12:11:352016/12/10
收件者:Met Office DataPoint、colins...@gmail.com、colin.c...@metoffice.gov.uk
It seems to have failed again.

Same thing, the tags are defined but the forecast data is missing from the xml.

<SiteRep><Wx><Param name="F" units="C">Feels Like Temperature</Param><Param name="G" units="mph">Wind Gust</Param><Param name="H" units="%">Screen Relative Humidity</Param><Param name="T" units="C">Temperature</Param><Param name="V" units="">Visibility</Param><Param name="D" units="compass">Wind Direction</Param><Param name="S" units="mph">Wind Speed</Param><Param name="U" units="">Max UV Index</Param><Param name="W" units="">Weather Type</Param><Param name="Pp" units="%">Precipitation Probability</Param></Wx><DV dataDate="2016-12-10T15:00:00Z" type="Forecast" />** MISSING SECTON **</SiteRep>

[...]

David Barton

未讀,
2016年12月11日 凌晨4:47:562016/12/11
收件者:Met Office DataPoint
Just to add, I'm also seeing missing data.  On Friday and Saturday the json daily forecast for Uppermill (354028) was empty. I switched to the xml feed which initially worked but is now showing empty data too.

On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 9:14:26 AM UTC, colin.corkerton wrote:

colinsjonesuk

未讀,
2016年12月11日 下午2:23:362016/12/11
收件者:Met Office DataPoint
Gone again! Looks like the same problem.

On Wednesday, 7 December 2016 09:14:26 UTC, colin.corkerton wrote:

colin.corkerton

未讀,
2016年12月12日 凌晨3:50:472016/12/12
收件者:Met Office DataPoint
Hi all,

This issue is being investigated by our technical support. The Met Office reference is INC597941.

Regards,
Colin

On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 9:14:26 AM UTC, colin.corkerton wrote:

Jeremy Holmes

未讀,
2016年12月12日 下午1:05:162016/12/12
收件者:Met Office DataPoint
FWIW my experience has it as a time-based issue. It seems to happen somewhere around mid-afternoon and then extends into the evening. Currently not working at 1800 today (Monday 12th) but so far I've round that it comes back to life later on in the evening.

colin.corkerton

未讀,
2016年12月16日 清晨6:52:142016/12/16
收件者:Met Office DataPoint
Hi all,

A problem affecting the updating of the capabilities files was found on Tuesday 13th. This was fixed and we believe the issue of missing data has now been resolved. However if you are still experiencing any issues with missing data please contact  enqu...@metoffice.gov.uk including DataPoint in the subject line.

Colin

On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 9:14:26 AM UTC, colin.corkerton wrote:
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息