Sending large batches of email?

Ryan Glover

Dec 6, 2013, 1:08:47 AM12/6/13
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
I'm curious if anyone has tested the performance of sending large batches of email from Meteor at once?

The idea I have entails sending out email once of week to all users. In theory this could be 1 to 1000's of users. Say we take the extreme of 5000 users, I'd imagine sending all of these at once using a loop wouldn't be great.

Any ideas on a good way to implement this? Experience?

Arunoda Susiripala

Dec 6, 2013, 1:15:20 AM12/6/13
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
You can use a mailing list service like MailChimp (they do have an API too)

Or if you need much more customisation, MailGun has a HTTP API which can do something like this with one single API request.

Arunoda Susiripala

Adrian Lanning

Dec 6, 2013, 9:54:48 PM12/6/13
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
Each list has its own email address which is restricted so only we can use it.  Very convenient, use the API to keep the mailgun list in sync with your user groups.

Julio Marins

Mar 5, 2015, 5:35:50 PM3/5/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
Use Mandrill, here is an example of sending more than one email at once: https://gist.github.com/aj07mm/ebe045bd636990dad6cb