Deploy to own server

Ali Camarata

Aug 24, 2013, 5:24:14 AM8/24/13
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
Would any one like to list a specific how to (1,2,3) for deploying to an Ubuntu server for hosting production Meteor sites.  I am looking for best practice in team development of sites and the easiest way to deploy to production, is there a couple command lines or must you manually bundle and unbundle?

Right now we are using git and regular meteor to run on ports 3000, 3003, etc. for 10 sites and just "git pull" while the server runs and hot code push updates everything nicely.  The manager wants to be able to git pull to the right version of code, bug test then "meteor deploy" to our server but right now bundle, unbundle and all seems a bit cumbersome to do for rapid deployment on 10 sites hosted on one server when rapid deployment and ease is one of the foundational principals of Meteor.

1- Easiest way to deploy 10 different sites to a VPS (Ubuntu 12.04+)
2- Best practices for team development

Thank you,
Aric Camarata

Stephan Tual

Aug 24, 2013, 12:05:10 PM8/24/13
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
For me git pulls from the server weren't an option, so I ended writing a fabric (http://docs.fabfile.org/en/1.7/) script that bundles, pushes, recreates native fibers, etc.  Works well.
Might be an option as fabric is designed to support multi-system environments, and is lightweight.

Cheers.