announcing the new Meteor forums

matt debergalis

Feb 26, 2015, 1:13:41 PM2/26/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com, meteo...@googlegroups.com
We're bailing on Google groups and moving to a Discourse-based forum
at https://forums.meteor.com/. Sign up there now with your developer
account.

We looked at many options for this, including ways to keep using the
lists. The team at Discourse has put years of work into designing
exactly the kind of collaborative forum we need for our community.
Discourse, like Stack Overflow, relies on a reputation system and
community moderation to keep the quality level high. We're excited to
give it a go!

You'll find categories already set up in the forums for getting help,
announcing new things, discussing community, and discussing changes to
Meteor core. If we find we want additional categories they're easy to
add. The best place to propose new categories or changes to the forum
itself is the `meta` category.

I'm going to sunset both meteor-talk and meteor-core one week from
today. We'll leave the archives as they are.

Jeremy Shimko

Feb 26, 2015, 2:54:02 PM2/26/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com, meteo...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!

(happily posting here for the last time!)

Franco Soldera

Feb 27, 2015, 3:59:55 AM2/27/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com, meteo...@googlegroups.com
I have some issue logging in with my Meteor account:

- Click on "Log in"
- Get a popup "Currently logged in as <my_account_name>
- I click on "Use this account"
- Get a new popup with "Currently logged in as <my_account_name>
- I click again on "Use this account"
- Get a new popup....

forever.

Ralph Haygood

Feb 27, 2015, 7:26:20 AM2/27/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com, meteo...@googlegroups.com
I just had the same experience as Franco Soldera reported.

Franco Soldera

Feb 27, 2015, 7:33:45 AM2/27/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com, meteo...@googlegroups.com
Ignore the popup and Sign in in the main window, it's a little bit unclear but you actually need to create your new account in the forum (which is authenticated by your Meteor user).

Franco Soldera

Feb 27, 2015, 7:46:56 AM2/27/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com, meteo...@googlegroups.com
I forgot to say: THANK YOU for the new forum, it's really nice!!!! :-)

Derek Gransaull

Feb 27, 2015, 5:54:38 PM2/27/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com, meteo...@googlegroups.com
Excellent!