Meteor Style Guide - Lint tool configurations (jshint, jscs, eslint)

Stephan Hochhaus

Feb 19, 2015, 9:31:33 AM2/19/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
Hello fellow Meteorites,

I am preparing a talk on coding styles in Meteor and naturally I came across the official style guide[1] as well as Morten's jshintrc[2].
In order to avoid re-inventing anything that is already a well established practice I would like to know if there are any "official" MDG style linting files (either jshint, jscs, or aslant) available.

One other thing I would like to know is how you deal with globals that get introduced by either collection names or packages. Do you add them manually to your linting configurations or do you have a better way of dealing with them?

Eventually I will publish both the slides and the code for getting started with stylish Meteor code on Github[3].

Thanks!
Stephan

Abigail Watson

Feb 20, 2015, 4:08:04 PM2/20/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
A few config files for setting up IDEs to implement the MDG styleguide would be great, too.

Some WebStorm Configs
https://github.com/awatson1978/meteor-cookbook/blob/master/cookbook/webstorm.md#settings--code-style--javascript

Atom Beautify Package

Stephan Hochhaus

Feb 27, 2015, 3:50:30 AM2/27/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
Seeing there is an .eslintignore file in the official Meteor repo I have hopes there might be an official linting config somewhere :)
Let's continue on the forums.