Blaze Native: possible?

Xiyang Chen

Feb 18, 2015, 10:21:31 AM2/18/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
With React Native coming out soon, I was thinking if it's possible to have a similar effort for Blaze, since React and Blaze share some of the characteristics? Personally I would love to see one, even if it means to refactor part of my codebase.

David Greenspan

Feb 18, 2015, 1:21:51 PM2/18/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
It's definitely possible -- and desirable. :)  There's a lot of buzz around the office about it.

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 7:21 AM, Xiyang Chen <setti...@gmail.com> wrote:
With React Native coming out soon, I was thinking if it's possible to have a similar effort for Blaze, since React and Blaze share some of the characteristics? Personally I would love to see one, even if it means to refactor part of my codebase.

Kelly Copley

Feb 18, 2015, 1:38:45 PM2/18/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com

The thought of this makes me wanna dance around just a little bit :-)

Valerio Santinelli

Feb 20, 2015, 3:42:40 AM2/20/15
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
David,

I work on native apps for Android and iOS on a daily basis and I've also had the chance to develop something similar to React Native years ago when I was building an app that was driving native interfaces from JavaScript.
It worked fine but I didn't  develop it further into a more generic solution. I'd really be interested in discussing with MDG how you're planning to make a "Blaze Native" and what technical decisions you're adopting, if possible.

Cheers,

Valerio Santinelli