WOW Engine Project - Improving WOW Website and Data Stores

Met Office WOW

Nov 23, 2015, 5:10:14 AM11/23/15
to Met Office WOW
Hi Everyone

I am Maria Dorothy and the Project Manager for the WOW Engine Project.

The WOW Engine Project is under way to help improve the WOW Website, especially in terms of creating a more flexible and adaptable platform.

The next generation of WOW will be capable of ingesting third party observations from professional and amateur sources and this will allow our scientists to explore and understand the benefits that this data can bring. The technology will also enable us to capture non-standard observations, for example those provided automatically from moving platforms such as cars, and also to define new variables that have not been foreseen allowing us to respond with great agility to changing requirements.

The new infrastructure will enable ease of addition of new collaborators and data types, and will also open up access to well-documented and well-managed ‘plug and play’ application programming interfaces (APIs) enabling collaborators to make maximum use of the WOW Engine capability.

If you would like more information please contact w...@metoffice.gov.uk

We would also like your feedback please on what functionality you like about WOW and what you would like to see change.  We are working on improving the visual and improving the way the data can be viewed, not just on the map but for your sites.

If you are happy to provide some feedback please contact us on here or via the email address above.

Many Thanks

WOW Engine Project Team.

This conversation is locked