Pin number

UkJay

Oct 20, 2016, 5:14:36 AM10/20/16
to Met Office WOW
Im working on some code to upload data to wow
I cant find anywhere to enter the six digit pin number?
Has this been superceded by the extra longer code
Site id?

UkJay

Oct 20, 2016, 5:58:37 AM10/20/16
to Met Office WOW
I have just had another look & notice it's
Obs ID & User ID that are shown when I edit site
So which do I use to upload data via code?

UkJay

Oct 20, 2016, 1:31:48 PM10/20/16
to Met Office WOW
Well I've been in touch with the Met Office via email & they tell me I should be able to see my AWS Six digit pin number?
Fat Chance!
I've sent them a screenshot showing all the various codes I can see, but they haven't got back to me as yet, so I'm stumped at updating my weather data automatically
& have to resort to using their WOW forms at the moment (Pain)

UkJay

Oct 20, 2016, 6:16:34 PM10/20/16
to Met Office WOW
All sorted now !

UkJay

Oct 22, 2016, 2:57:16 AM10/22/16
to Met Office WOW
I do think the team at the met office need their help scripts updating, as the standard answer to my question is now out of date
and it nearly made me throw the towel in, however searching this group, I stumbled across some info which helped me sort it out plus a bit of guesswork!
So let's hope some WOW team support people actually read this & take my humble advicE?

Apart from that I'm enjoying taking part!
Jay :-)

Weather Observations Website

Oct 24, 2016, 8:10:53 AM10/24/16
to Met Office WOW
Hello Jay

Thank you for the feedback. It's unfortunate we weren't able to respond at the time you were having the issues but I'm glad you found some advice on the forum to assist you in progressing. Apologies the documentation was not helpful and we do certainly intend to update it  - what specifically was the out of date information please?

Regards

James
WOW Team

UkJay

Oct 25, 2016, 4:21:59 PM10/25/16
to Met Office WOW
Ok thanks
Ill send you the details shortly

UkJay

Oct 27, 2016, 6:01:53 AM10/27/16
to Met Office WOW
The information from the support page may need updating?
Example URL:

02+10%3A32%3A55&winddir=230&windspeedmph=12&windgustmph=12&windgustdir=25&humidity=90&dewptf=68.2&tempf=70&rainin=0&dailyrainin=5&baromin=29.1&soiltempf=25&soilmoisture=25&visibility=25&softwaretype=weathersoftware1.0

I think the six figure siteid is now the one shown when you log in & click on MySites select your site and it is under the map in brackets under your site name.
This is not a six figure number, but a group of five alphanumeric codes.
The siteAuthenticationKey I used is the one I was given when I registered with datapoint, so the other two numbers shown when you expand Site Details
(Observation Id & User ID) may be confusing the issue?

Jay