Met Office WOW SiteID

Gideon Kay

Jul 4, 2016, 3:51:30 AM7/4/16
to Met Office WOW
Can someone explain the format for SiteID's

I have recently created a site and was expecting for it to be assigned a 6-8 digit unique ID. Instead I get a very long alpha numeric string with dashes etc in it. Is this normal and part of the format or has something gone wrong in the site creation process?

Weather Observations Website

Jul 4, 2016, 8:17:41 AM7/4/16
to Met Office WOW
Hi Gideon. Part of the changes have been a change to the site ID and the alpha numeric string is now the new format, so that is how it's meant to be. Please continue with the process and if you have any issues then please get in touch again.

Regards

James
Met Office WOW team