WOW Observations during the Solar Eclispe

Weather Observations Website

Mar 19, 2015, 5:23:01 AM3/19/15
to met-off...@googlegroups.com

On Friday 20 March a total solar eclipse will occur across the Arctic and in the far Northern regions of Europe. This is the last total solar eclipse in Europe for over a decade, with the next one not visible in Europe until 2026.

The UK will experience this as a deep partial eclipse, while the total eclipse will be seen on two remote groups of islands: the Faroe Islands and Svalbard.

To capture a detailed record of the changes during the Solar Eclipse we are asking users to increase the frequency of their observations to 1-minute Observation.

This is the page on the website that has information about the partial eclipse:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/events/partial-solar-eclipse

We are also putting out information through our social media channels:

Twitter:https://twitter.com/metoffice

Facebook:http://www.facebook.co/metoffice